Europe / Poland / / Warsaw
Client Service & Sales
#: 109043-en_US / 109043
Business Operations Manager
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Marketing Effectiveness (MEFF) team plays a pivotal role in helping clients ensure every $ they spend works for them and returns. We do this by providing a mix of data-led models, software solutions and consultancy to ensure the client gets the results they need. We answer their key business questions to improve marketing performance, questions like What ROI does my marketing generate? How can I improve return on my marketing? How should I optimise my marketing investment?
At Nielsen, we leverage the power of multiple modeling methodologies without compromising the accuracy or actionability of the insights produced, so clients have access to the right insights, at exactly the right time to support any marketing decision. From strategic investments across all channels to daily tactical optimizations while campaigns are still in-flight, our holistic Marketing Effectiveness solutions deliver the unmatched speed, data access, and comprehensive measurement your team needs to keep pace with consumers, minimize waste and drive revenue and business growth.
The Business Operations Manager will focus on supporting the EMEA Sales and Customer Success teams with revenue forecasting and booking, contract administration, sales material creation. This is a key role to help maximise the time commercial teams can spend selling, delivering, consulting, and generating revenue.
- Working individually with and building strong relationships with each of the commercial Leads on the EMEA team.
- Building strong relationships with the Finance Business Partners, Revenue controllers, Tax, and Legal across EMEA.
- Understanding revenue recognition requirements and helping ensure that deals and paperwork are structured in a way that will allow revenue to be recognised without problems
- Taking responsibility for updating revenue phasing for some key opportunities
- Taking ownership of ensuring that paperwork is in place for revenue to be booked within quarter for key deals
- Working with the team on sales decks and proposals.
- Partnering with the team on negotiating legal paperwork for key deals
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
As Business Operations Manager for the Marketing Effectiveness team, you will be a key player driving success across EMEA. Your role will be to take on as much of the revenue booking, management and forecasting process as possible in order to free up the commercial team to focus on prospecting, expanding, and closing deals.
You will work in a unique space between the commercial and Finance teams across EMEA, helping to reduce friction in this relationship and speed up and streamline the revenue recognition process. You’ll need to help the team to structure deals in a way that ensures streamlined revenue recognition. At the same time you’ll need to work with finance to maximise collaboration
In addition you will play an important role helping the team prepare responses to important RFPs and helping to improve the sales material we use
This is an important role which will help the business grow and become more sales focused
- Experience working with Sales and Finance teams at a large established company
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Previous experience working with sales and finance teams
- Experience negotiating commercial contracts
- An ability to grasp key elements of the revenue recognition process in Nielsen
- Comfort navigating matrix organization
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders
- Experience of media research desired
- Fluent English is a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Powerpoint & Excel skills
- An ability to build relationships with a wide range of internal stakeholders
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com