Europe / Italy / / Assago
#: 101817-en_US / 101817
Overview of role:
Nature of role: 6 month Internship with Nielsen Sports, – Consulting
Location: Assago, Milan, – however for now home based, – but post COVID pandemic, 3 days/week in Assago Milan office
Salary: Yes, EUR 550/month
Start Date: As soon as possible, – latest 1st Oct 2021
Working language of role: Role require fluency in Italian (spoken and written) as well as string command of spoken and written English
This is a role which would suit someone who has completed their Bachelor or Masters within Mathematics, – Economics, – Statitistics or Marketing, – with an affinity for data analysis and processing, as well as interest and engagement with world of sports.
About Nielsen (Nielsen Sports)
Nielsen is a world leader in marketing information and data collection on consumption and media usage. With the acquisition of Repucom in 2016, Nielsen Sports has become a world leader in sports measurement and intelligence, providing solutions to businesses around the world to help them better understand and engage their audience. The organization operates in the broader entertainment industry and is also successful in the music, film, theater and general cultural context. The unique positioning of Nielsen Sports is therefore aimed at helping businesses maximize their commercial success, thanks to solutions that range from the effectiveness of sponsorships to the potential of the market and that intersect with the understanding of consumer and media behavior.
About Nielsen Sports: https://nielsensports.com/
Responsibility of the role
- Supporting the Consulting team mainly in the following areas of activity:
- Knowledge of Nielsen Sports products in order to plan communication activities and monitor their effectiveness according to the typical levers and KPIs of the sector.
- Knowledge and use of the main measuring instruments used by Nielsen Sports, currently the currency of measurement in the industry
- Multi-client reports on specific areas of the sports sector, published on a monthly basis with the main objective of supporting external communication activities ad hoc reports for specific clients, dealing independently with data collection and processing, and assisting the Consulting team in formulating strategic conclusions.
- Active participation during the structuring phase of the ad hoc research project (from the study of the client’s briefing to the formulation of the research design)
- Updating on the main developments and trends in the sector
- Support in identifying the main objectives and needs of the client
- Support in identifying data and variables to be used to respond to the briefing
- Support to the formulation of consulting strategies for the client and reporting activities
- Interaction both externally with the client and internally with colleagues also at foreign offices, for the collection of the necessary information and fine-tuning of the project progress stages
- Student or graduate of a master’s degree course in marketing/economics/statistics.
- Excellent knowledge of the Office package, in particular PowerPoint and Excel
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis software (SPSS)
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Preparation for learning and deepening the data
- Proactivity in data processing and interpretation, as well as in relations with foreign colleagues
- Ability to effectively organize their work in order to support the team in several projects at the same time
Job application, additional information and questions
Please apply by using the “apply” link in this job advertisement, and kindly submit your CV in English.
We have a desire to fill this role as soon as possible, as soon as the right person has been found. For any questions, please contact responsible recruiter Jacob S. Madsen via e-mail Jacob.email@example.com or by phone: +44 77 33 26 48 33