Europe / Poland / / Warsaw
#: 83804-en_US / 83804
Data Scientist – Statistician – 83804
Data Science – Poland Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship
The Data Scientist is responsible for performing complex statistical support and creating models for deeper understanding of viewing and panelist behaviour, creates high quality scripts to implement complex products and to automate complex procedures. This role creates required quality control reports and dashboards to monitor and analyze metrics and KPIs for Nielsen’s Television Audience Measurement products. The Data Scientist also makes recommendations related methodology, data quality or measurement enhancement.
What will I do?
1. Survey design, universe estimation
- Defines, implements and controls the sampling and weighting methodology and design.
- Creates and improves questionnaire design.
- Controls the quality of survey database and enhances the routine of the data checks.
- Performs universe estimation
- Executes tests on new universes/weighting structures in the test environment:
- To check the accuracy of the implementation.
- To check the impact on weighting results, weight distribution and weighing efficiency.
- To evaluate the effect at the viewing.
- To monitor coherence and consistency between the estimated universe and the productive sample
2. Panel maintenance:
- Contributes to delivery and improvement panel demo update questionnaire design.
- Contributes to delivery and improvement other panelist survey including questionnaire design and data collection approach.
3. Data quality:
- Recommends quality control and data validation improvement of linear and nonlinear viewing data
- Identifies any distortion on the data or low quality issue that might require further investigation and/or data reprocessing
- Monitors the installation rate and reporting panel distribution and recommends strategies to correct any deviation.
- Performs analyses supporting data quality queries of the Client
4. Viewing data and panel measurement analysis
- Performs regular reviews routine aspects of the service (e.g. as required from reviews to the panel controls, weighting, etc) and proposes adjustments and enhancements as required
- Produces complex trend analyses of linear and nonlinear viewing
- Performs viewing behavior analysis to detect any abnormality on the trends.
- Performs panel behavior analysis to detect any abnormality on the trends.
- Checks extreme viewers to verify the consistency of the behavioral trend.
- Implements multi-variable statistical models for deeper understanding of the data.
5. Client communication
- Participates or presents in Client meetings as required.
- Contributes to the preparation of client-facing materials
- Creates regular and ad hoc reports and evolves them in line with Client requirements
6. Product enhancement
- Proactively recommends product improvement elements
7. Reports and documentation
- Produces the Reference Manual sections related to DSci responsibility.
- Produces quality control reports based on client requirements.
- Produces management reports as required.
- Provides analytical support and assistance to all areas of Nielsen DA when necessary.
- Documents Data Science procedures and keep them updated.
Is this for me?
- Educational Background/Knowledge
- Level of studies: University Degree or Diploma
- Type of studies: statistics or sciences (mathematics) or sociology or economy
- 3 or more years Data Scientist work experience
- Work experience in the area of media research is preferred
- A solid understanding of statistical concepts and techniques used in a market research environment, including complex data approaches as fusion and modelling techniques
- Exceptional computer literate using R and Python
- A solid experience at data visualization
- Work experience with Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence is advantage
- Proficient in English and Polish
- Good communication skills: To maintain an excellent level of communication with external/internal collaborators
- Outstanding analytical and planning skills (Problem solving): To be able to identify a problem and to generate timely solutions by thinking creatively and developing strategies to achieve business goals
- Team player skills: ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with other departments; and/or participates in effective and high-performance cross-functional teams
- Commitment and attitude: dedication to the organization, enthusiasm for adding value, and his/her ability to act effectively without guidance. Being eager to learn and grow.
- Attention to details: Ability to pay attention to the details and ensure the quality of the output
- Working effectively under pressure
- Results Oriented: To be reliable upon meeting goals, targets and daily tasks within required timeframes, providing high quality results and services that exceed the requirements of internal and/or external clients.
- Proactive and Initiative: Proactively identifying bottleneck areas and/or undertake tasks and initiatives that are beyond the scope of the defined job but that contribute to the effectiveness of the work unit.
- Dependability in Work Environment
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Warsaw,Masovian Voivodeship
Secondary Locations: , , ,