Europe / Netherlands / UT / Nieuwegein
Technology & Engineering
#: 80802-en_US / 80802
What does the job involve?
We are searching for a DevOps Engineer with a hunger to create beautiful and thorough automation. If the idea of scaling to a million users brings a smile to your face we want you. If you automate your personal tasks and hate repetition we want you. This person will work with a highly skilled and dedicated team to implement automation solutions and teach these solutions to our many different users. We work as an agile scrum team with roughly 70% of each FTE focused on projects. These projects span the gamut from improving automation in our data centers to creating tooling for our container orchestration platform. The remaining 30% of your time is split between support (20%) and education reinvestment (10%). The support portion of the role consists of one day every two weeks monitoring our devops-support slack channel and grooming our JIRA queue. The reinvestment in education takes place every Friday afternoon where the team is free to investigate and research new DevOps technologies.
Examples of projects you will be working on
- Stacks for handling Live Sports data that we serve to national broadcasters and media like FIFA, NOS, NBC, CBC, IOC, Eurosport, LG, and many more.
- Help the development teams with constant improvements of their infrastructure and automation of their processes
- Supporting load tests on our infra with an Olympic scale of data
The ideal candidate has
- Excellent written and verbal communication. (Google Docs, email, slack etc.)
- CI/CD experience (Gitlab, Jenkins, …)
- Linux experience (Ubuntu preferred).
- Worked with AWS CLI and GUI
- Experience with containerisation and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Ability to express logic in at least one programming language
Furthermore, it is an advantage if you have experience with
- Infrastructure as code, Terraform
- Chef/Ansible configuration management/enforcement
- Continuous security/certification
- Continuous QA
- Monitoring/Alerting , Grafana, Prometheus
- Windows configuration management
- Hashicorp Vault
- Other cloud providers Azure, GCE etc.
Above all, we are looking for good problem solvers and critical thinkers who keep an open mind, good communicator and team player, stay relevant by continually educating themselves, and are passionate about efficiency and good design. If you enjoy learning and applying new things then we want to talk with you.
- An informal atmosphere in a dynamic media company with opportunities for ownership and personal development.
- Motivated, sports minded colleagues.
- A competitive salary and good benefits.
- A laptop with OS of choice (Windows, Mac or Linux).
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all.
We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: www.nielsen.com & www.gracenote.com.
This role is with Gracenote, which is a part of a Nielsen Company. Gracenote is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected.
Who are we?
Gracenote Sports is a leading international sports company that provides innovative and unique
products and services to the sports industry with the ambition to publish accurate, reliable and stable data within one second in all products on all platforms.
Gracenote’s sports database is one of the largest in the world covering the largest breadth of sports. Customers and partners are national and international media, TV channels (like NBC, CBC, Eurosport), international sports federations (like IOC, FIFA, UCI) and organizers of events (such as the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games).
Gracenote Sports product development team is a team of 60 people consisting of software engineers, product managers and project managers. The team is based in two offices, one in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and one in Nieuwegein, close to Utrecht Netherlands where this vacancy is open.
You will be part of the global DevOps organization that spans teams in California, Canada, India and Australia.
Gracenote Sports is part of Gracenote Inc., headquartered in Emeryville, California. Gracenote is a world leading metadata company supplying Video, Music and Sports metadata to many of the worlds biggest companies. Gracenote is part of Nielsen.