Europe / Germany / / Cologne
#: 110397-en_US / 110397
Editor, German – 110397
Operations – Germany Cologne, North Rhine_Westphal
The German Channel Editor edits and maintains TV listings information for the German market by analyzing program schedules and assessing network and local program information in databases. The individual will consolidate data content and new program information in the database, maintain accurate database information and provide timely updates of listings information. He/she will work in a relaxed office environment and independently manage his/her workload.
- Acquire and record correct information regarding programs and TV listings from a variety of German channels.
- Analyze TV program schedules, assess network, syndicated and local TV program information in databases.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content by consulting program information providers and others.
- Consolidate data content and new program information in databases.
- Edit and maintain TV listings information.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide timely updating of listings information.
- Ensure the accuracy of editorial listings, authenticity of program information and timely delivery to in-house personnel.
- Analyze, develop and recommend solutions to editorial, communication and technical procedural and operational needs.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and reliable information.
- Initiate and maintain effective relationships with programming information providers.
- Act as a customer service representative concerning product content and editorial policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be NATIVE German and have excellent writing and verbal skills. The ability to commence asap is highly desirable.
- Effective organizational, grammatical, analytical, spelling, writing and communication skills.
- We are looking for a quality focused individual with high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadline and willing to work outside regular business hours.
- Excellent Keyboarding skills expected.
- Windows proficiency and/or experience using other computer software and databases.
- Good knowledge of German television programming preferred.
Be prepared to love what you do. Gracenote (formerly Tribune Media Services – TMS) is an international leader in entertainment navigation, providing industry-leading databases of TV, movie, music and celebrity information to thousands of companies that serve millions of entertainment consumers. We take pride in what we do and we value a creative, entrepreneurial spirit and nurture a culture that delivers results. http://www.gracenote.com/
Gracenote, Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Cologne,North Rhine_Westphal