Europe / Poland / / Warsaw
#: 110003-en_US / 110003
Editor, Polish – 110003
Operations – Poland Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are currently looking for an Editor for the Polish market.
ROLE: Our TV and movie Editor performs editorial functions related to the ongoing development and creation of media databases and content, specifically in the audiovisual sphere. The ideal candidate loves movies and series, is familiar and up to date with TV listings and the media sector in general. This person will be responsible for performing high-volume, complex manipulations on the entertainment information that forms the core of Gracenote’s media database, with special focus on creating and enhancing Top Content (Top Series, Top Movies, Keywords etc.).
- Acquire and record correct information regarding programs and TV listings from a variety of Polish channels and top content providers.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content by consulting program information providers and others.
- Consolidate data content and new program information in databases.
- Edit and maintain TV listings information, create and curate information on movies and shows.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide timely updating of listings information.
- Ensure the accuracy of editorial content, authenticity of program information and timely delivery to in-house personnel.
- Analyze, develop and recommend solutions to editorial, communication and technical procedural and operational needs.
- Act as a customer service representative concerning product content and editorial policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a native or near-native Polish speaker and have IMPECCABLE writing and verbal skills.
- Effective writing, grammatical, organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
- Preferably with a background in journalism, copy writing or translation.
- Good knowledge of Polish television and VOD programming is preferred, and most importantly a love for movies.
- We are looking for a quality focused individual with a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadlines.
- Windows proficiency and/or experience using other computer software and databases preferred.
- Excellent keyboarding skills expected.
- Should be willing to work outside regular business hours if necessary due to business needs.
- The ability to commence ASAP is highly desirable.
Our passion for music, TV and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Copenhagen, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identy or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Warsaw,Masovian Voivodeship