Europe / Hungary / / Budapest
#: 110429-en_US / 110429
Human Resources – Hungary, Budapest
Senior HR Business Partner / People Experience Specialist serves as the HR partner supporting Nielsen Media
population. Senior People Experience Specialist will provide operational guidance on all areas of
HR support and will ensure that HR practices designed by our COEs are deployed and adjusted
where necessary. Senior People Experience Specialist will be accountable for compliance with
local employment laws and regulations and will also partner with the regional and global
HRBP/TS team to provide input and align People actions with the larger Business Unit-specific
- Particular emphasis is on delivery of HR activity where local context is required.
- Accountability for local deployment & delivery of HR processes, projects and change programmes as determined at a Corporate/business/functional level including policy and procedural compliance across the area.
- Advise and guideline managers on their HR responsibilities, management behaviors and team management areas.
- Drive the effectiveness of the HR delivery model ensuring consistency and optimization of HR processes by maintaining strong partnership with all key stakeholders in the HR model
- Interfaces with Global Talent Strategist teams to provide insights into local needs
- Ensure accurate data management on all organizational changes and complying with approval & notification procedures
- Guide local leaders and line managers to obtain support from the right areas
- Provide effective employee relations and a positive working climate locally, closely working with line management and liaising with the ER Leader, where necessary
- Support wider business /corporate and HR change programmes
- Identify gaps and improvements in local HR service provision in line with HR strategy, suggesting initiatives for the local agenda where appropriate.
- Manage local projects aligned to HR Business Operations priorities as required.
- Interface with COE’s (Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Benefits, Talent, Engagement & Development and DE&I) to ensure a consistent approach on Nielsen’s Employment Value Proposition, Culture, Leadership and Engagement initiatives across the Region.
- Identifies, designs and delivers country-specifics in the areas of onboarding, employee relations, total rewards, benefits, compensation, Learning, engagement and internal communications.
- Collaborate with outside vendors – payroll agency, legal counsel, etc.
- Direct and guide line managers and associates to appropriate learning solutions;
Work closely with Cluster People Experience Leader to identify, streamline & provide
effective & optimized HR services.
- Partner with the local Corporate Functions (Finance, Real Estate) to ensure integration of HR operations and policies into the country-specific operational needs.
- Crisis Management
Key Experience & Qualifications
- Fluent English
- Relevant academic background
- Knowledge of the HR best practice across Employee Relations, Reward, Resourcing, Development and Employment Law.
- 5 years of Human Resources experience, across different aspects of the HR function for a Multinational Company
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a generalist capacity providing support across a variety of HR sub functions
- Knowledge of country employment and payroll regulations, procedures
- Experience of managing ER issues.
- Change management skill set.
- Well-developed customer and relationship management skills, including credibility and influencing skills. Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to partner with other members of the leadership and find common ground to deliver an exceptional employee experience.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations, as well as handle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to build a positive employee relations climate, advocate for employees and maintain objectivity, even under pressure from other stakeholders.
- Process driven and methodical in approach to implementing programs & HR solutions
- Ability to construct an informed opinion and point of view
- Able to exercise sound judgement and discretion in matters of significance to the organization.
- Experience and knowledge in managing HR activities and resources; balancing conflicting priorities and handling ambiguities.