Europe / Netherlands / UT / Nieuwegein
#: 102901-en_US / 102901
ABOUT THIS JOB
As a member of this dynamic and fast-paced team, you will be involved leading and managing the Sports Editorial teams responsible for setting up and enforcing editorial standards and enriching Sports data with descriptions, descriptors and/or images for assigned Sports, leagues and events. This includes leading and managing Team Leads, and team members as well as establishing effective communication methods within the team and other groups. This person will be responsible for establishing performance and procedural standards. This person will be responsible for ensuring reliability of standards of Sports data tied to services and products and ensuring we provide excellent statistical and analytical previews, live feeds and recaps of sports events to our clients.
- Provide leadership for day-to-day Sportsdesk operations, including a remote Sportsdesk team of 9 FTE and 3-5 contractors.
- Establish and maintain high standards for quality, accuracy, timeliness and the efficient delivery of editorial content, constantly looking for ways to improve quality and efficiency.
- Collaborate within the content organization (LDP, AllSports, DCFootball, Video) and with other horizontals within the Sports vertical (Sales, Tech, CX, Product, PX etc) on an operational level.
- Establish priorities, workflow and expectations.
- Coordinate efforts with the global editorial Manager to ensure that joint strategic and operating objectives are met.
- Actively encourages staff development and ensures contingency planning
- Conduct annual and non-scheduled performance appraisals to provide employees with ongoing feedback on performance.
- Ensure the development and training of employees instituting succession planning for management and supervisory positions.
- Support the company-wide headcount and talent planning process to ensure the right team and skills are in place to deliver to targets.
- Work and lead weekend and evening shifts.
- Project management for Sportsdesk projects.
- Sportsdesk contact for other Gracenote departments as Customer Experience, Sales, Tech and Product.
- Makes sure delivery deadlines and requirements for media service clients are met.
- Consultant for media service clients.
- Must be fluent in English and at least one other regional language (preferably Dutch).
- Proven leadership skills to effectively lead, develop and inspire a high-performing team through change.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a changing, growing environment, manage multiple priorities and adapt to multiple leaders.
- Experience working with data editing and processing as it relates to entertainment products.
- Strong interpersonal skills both internally and externally with customers.
- Strong decision-making capabilities and results-oriented.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, effective presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Google Suite.
- Excellent understanding of sports media and journalism
- Extensive sports knowledge
ABOUT THE TEAM
We lead, support, manage and execute Content Convergence. We create new Analytic-Ready Content (Core) through the provision of new Global Categories and by adding in new countries to the existing portfolio. We ensure optimum use & maintenance of our Content by providing guidance in client RFPs and control around additional new Local (non-Core) Content. We continually focus on process improvement and automation in order to deliver efficiency in our end to end Operations..
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.
Location: Nieuwegein, Netherlands