Europe / Switzerland / / Lugano
#: 84055-en_US / 84055
Nielsen is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Nielsen has unique measurement technologies, assets, and data that make it one of the most interesting and challenging places for a data scientist to work.
Our business unit Total Audience Measurement (TAM) capture the TV viewing preferences of households across the world, – be it standard TV channels or streaming services. We are ground breaking pioneers and leaders in this field and are seeing substantial growth and developments of this across the globe.
In response to increasing demand and complexities across our services and solutions, we are in need of a Panel Insights Engagement Leader who can help us develop and execute on our exciting future within TAM
This position is responsible for developing and executing best in class panelist engagement strategies that are innovative, statistically sound, and cost effective for diverse countries (30+) outside of the USA.
Role location can be in any European country.
Start date is dependent on candidate, but ideally as soon as possible.
- Identify and implement methods and best practices to improve panel/household respondent cooperation and retention; overall (household) panelist engagement.
- Design and conduct qualitative research studies and user experience research to develop and evaluate web/mobile applications and other electronic materials.
- Develop and implement overall panel communications strategy and methods
- Design and testing of data collection methodologies for Nielsen media panels including measurement of digital, TV and radio.
- Provide support for technical guidance and training of Nielsen operational teams
- Use both qualitative and quantitative methods for research and analysis toolkits
- Serve as lead point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Develop project plans with clear work breakdown structure and detailed timeline for efficient project planning
- Direct / supervise execution of multiple complex projects and make resourcing as well as prioritization trade offs
- Balance cost, quality, and schedule requirements to design measurement methods and approaches
- Manage research study budgets within and across project portfolios
- Prioritize resource allocation – ensure we are always focusing on the highest priority things, focusing both on the short term needs as well as looking ahead to the next big challenge
- Have keen eye for and focus on impact
- Drive strategic innovation in product offerings
- Become an expert in Nielsen Panels knowledge, with a focus on research methods and panelist experience
- Have ability to build meaningful cross-functional relationships
- Masters degree in Behavioral/Social Sciences field or a related field or equivalent experience
- Expertise in all areas of research (including design research, market research, qualitative research, and quantitative research) with the ability to design sound methodologies within cost and operational constraints
- Expertise in panel research methods, including sampling, recruitment and maintenance including an expert level understanding of measurement error in data collection methods with ability to mitigate using cost effective procedures
- Experience of multiple modes of data collection methods, including in-person, phone and online/mobile, and mixed-mode measurement approaches
- Proven understanding of quantitative and qualitative research, and track record of using data to make arguments
- Strong analytical skills to tralted to evaluating KPIs, meter data trends, and research study impact.
- Track record of translating research into actionable design and product
- Strong connections in the Research world (such as UX, Survey Research, or Applied Anthropology) and the ability to help attract and retain great researchers
- Proven track record in managing high performing teams, including attracting external talent and building teams from the ground up
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively influence, negotiate and communicate within and across various levels in the organization
- Collaborative team player with willingness and desire to work with global cross-functional teams of varying sizes
- Excellent clear and concise communications skills and have proactive communication with internal/external teams including presentation skills for business setting and technical report writing.English proficient is a must
- Creative aptitude and ability and desire to explore opportunities for new research innovations
What can we offer you as an employee of Nielsen
This is a role like no other within the area of Total Audience Measurement, and offer the opportunity to truly help in shaping this subject of tomorrow, as access, engagement and involvement of househod panels the essence of what we do. With an exciting future, we need true thinkers and doers who can see the opportunity in a role like this, yet able to take upon them a position which will innovate, engage and lead across our global Total Audience Measurement engagements.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a varied area of responsibility and an open corporate culture with many development opportunities. Above all, our employees appreciate the ability to work independently in a motivated and very friendly team. Social responsibility, open communication and living our values are not only on our website but also in our daily work.
Job application, additional information and questions
Please apply by using the "apply" link in this job advertisement, and kindly submit your CV and Application Letter in English.
We have a desire to fill this role as soon as possible, as soon as the right person has been found. For any questions, please contact responsible recruiter Jacob S. Madsen via e-mail Jacob.email@example.com or by phone: +44 77 33 26 48 33
Nielsen Media is committed to employing and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an employer for equal opportunities and positive actions, make decisions regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, marital status and protected veteran status or other protected class on a global scale.