Europe / Netherlands / / Rotterdam
#: 102882-en_US / 102882
React Frontend developer, Nielsen Rotterdam
ABOUT THE JOB
Are you a pro-active, creative and flexible developer that enjoys writing clean code to make intuitive interfaces? We have the right challenge for you, as we are currently shifting our flagship product, a best-in-class marketing communication optimization platform, from a desktop package to the cloud.
Therefore, we are re-writing our existing C# WPF front-end as a web application. As part of this project, we are looking for two Junior/Medior React.js developer to join our developers’ team in Rotterdam.
Teams usually consist of ~5 developers, an architect, a product owner, a designer, and a tester. Most team members live in and around Rotterdam, but we are highly flexible on working from home. We do value being around each other in the office 1 or 2 days a week when possible. This is not a 100% remote position.
- You will be a core member of a growth-minded scrum team with a mentality based on Agile and Software Craftsmanship
- Developing a complex in-browser application in React.js and D3.js
- Contributing to the visual and interaction design, and working together with a designer
- Creating a highly customizable UI to support the 70 different versions we deploy each year
- Testing and experimenting with new technologies to underpin technology decisions
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- We care a lot about the quality and maintainability of our work, so you will also aim to:
- Write clean code
- Write unit tests and integration tests
- Write automated API tests
- Review code from colleagues
- Refactor code to improve readability/maintainability
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or related discipline (field), or equivalent work experience;
- At least 1 year of experience in frontend web development in a professional environment, preferably 2+ years;
- Familiar with common user experience patterns;
- Proven experience with HTML5, CSS3;
- Proven experience with React
- You are structural, methodical, and have attention to detail;
- Team player, good communication skills;
- Fluent in English, large vocabulary;
- Dutch resident or willing to relocate to the vicinity of our Rotterdam office.
- Experience with larger codebases and design patterns and principles;
- Familiarity with Node.js as a server-side application;
- Familiarity with GraphQL;
- Open-minded towards functional programming.
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- Flexibility in working hours and location;
- Exciting development projects and clients;
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere;
- Time for socialising and fun;
- A Football and a Ping-pong table, and Friday afternoon drinks (every Friday);
- 25 days of paid leave;
- Reimbursement of traveling expenses;
- Daily fruit snacks.
We have an enthusiastic team that enjoys working hard and relaxing when it’s needed as well. Some of us go bouldering in Rotterdam together, we have yearly Foosball competitions, a Ping-pong table, and a Party Committee.