Europe / United Kingdom / / London
#: 81834-en_US / 81834
Research Manager – Nielsen Sport – 81834
Analytics – Great Britain London, London
Imagine working closely with many of the world’s largest sports rights holders, brands, agencies and broadcasters worldwide to help them better understand their fans and how they are consuming their content across a multitude of devices and screens.
Nielsen Sports is a trusted adviser and partner in sports and entertainment intelligence, helping our clients worldwide to maximize their commercial success. With our expansive suite of products and services, Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to provide insights and intelligence which help drive more effective decision making for clients.
Nielsen Sports is seeking a talented Research Manager from a market research background to be based in our London Paddington office, when it is safe to do so. The role will involve the set-up, coordination and delivery of market research services to clients across renowned sports rights holders and brands such as the Premier League, World Rugby and Formula 1. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with some of the most prestigious sports businesses in the world. Research programs include sponsorship impact assessment, fan understanding and profiling, brand tracking, event research and commercial support. The role involves working with third party agencies, multiple clients and internal stakeholders.
- Participate in the design, coordination and delivery of quantitative research programmes to sports rights holders and sponsors;
- Lead project management on multiple projects with the support of senior team members;
- Liaise with and manage third parties to deliver to brief;
- Write and design questionnaires;
- Accountable for final quality of inputs (e.g. tables, charts), designing relevant quality checks;
- Prepare key findings;
- Manage day-to-day client contact and requests (with senior support as required);
- Identify opportunities for process improvement in the delivery of research projects to enhance quality & delivery speed as well as lowering costs
- Provide support to senior team on non-project specific tasks (e.g. proposals, internal requests).
- Lead as appropriate.
- Market research experience is essential
- Relevant experience in designing and delivering quantitative research projects;
- Proactively develops own skill set and knowledge;
- Strong grounding in custom research principles, methodologies, statistical techniques;
- Questionnaire design experience / skills;
- Experience of using research analytics tools e.g. SPSS and spreadsheeting/charting tools;
- Experience of data visualization, and ability to explain complex things in a simple, accessible way;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills;
- Knowledge and interest of the sports industry an advantage
Nielsen strives for an open, inclusive and tolerant working environment, where all employees are encouraged to grow and be themselves. At Nielsen, we focus on systematically integrating inclusion and accountability into the full employee experience through three focus areas: Talent, Culture and Accountability. We have 9 affinity-base communities (Business Resources Groups – BRG's) that grow an inclusive culture, drive business growth and innovation through diversity and inclusion, increase BRG participation at all levels and enable associates to be themselves, by reaching their full potential.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: London,London
Secondary Locations: , , ,