Europe / Netherlands / / Diemen
#: 77586-en_US / 77586
At Nielsen, we set the standard for measurement. We did it 94 years ago when we invented the market research industry, and we’re still doing it today. But we don’t stop there. We’re focused on your future, and we know the next big thing can come from anywhere. Nielsen Sports allows businesses around the world to better understand and connect with their audiences and customers through media, sponsorship, communication and experiential platforms. We can do that because we’ve been watching and listening to fans and their behavior for more than 30 years.
For our office in Diemen, we’re looking for a bright and energetic mind to join us as
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST BENELUX
As Business Development Specialist, you will play a key role in helping our clients to better understand the consumer and take business decision to grow their sports brands. You will manage the full sales life circle and follow-up on projects to ensure your clients have the highest quality of service. You will also develop our business by partnering with our internal teams and find new areas of growth.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Nielsen Sports, you will make a difference by:
- Prospecting new clients and developing the business by identifying and penetrating new potential areas of growth
- Ensuring that the set-up of any research will match our client’s needs and expectations
- Creating insightful presentations with strong strategic recommendations and solutions
- Negotiating and building concrete proposals with help of our research team
- Partnering with all our existing local clients in Benelux through the full sales life cycle: from the meetings with clients to the delivery of our services
- Delivering on new business revenue goal
- Understanding Nielsen Sports full portfolio in order to advise clients with an expert’s eye
- Managing our CRM (Salesforce)
- Managing the sales administration (contracts, internal processes)
- Contributing to internal & external PR communication
So the next time someone asks “What’s next?” you’ll have the answer.
Do you have experience in sales and new business development in the B2B industry? Are you passionate about selling & consulting? This position is your next stop!
We consider these qualities as ‘must haves’:
- 3-5 years of business development experience, ideally within inside sales environment
- Fluency in Dutch & English (French is a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to provide solutions to clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A no fuss, can do attitude with a willingness to roll the sleeves up and get things done
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce)
These will make you stand out from the crowd:
- Experience in media, entertainment or sport
- Proven track record of new business generation against set targets
- A solid understanding of sales techniques and experience with both quantitative and qualitative research
GROW WITH US
What are we offering to you?
Besides an attractive salary, you will get the following a benefits package including meal vouchers, insurance and extra days off as we work 40h a week.
In addition to these extra-legal benefits, Nielsen offers flexible working hours, helping you to create a work/life balance that is right for you. We offer an exciting prospect of working in the sports and entertainment industry. A challenging, entrepreneurial role in a global, dynamic and innovative company with a strong growth potential and numerous possibilities for personal and professional development.
Why? Our values, our commitment to you
Within our teams we emphasize the importance of diversity and inclusion because we know they are crucial to our growth, strength and ability to innovate. Being open, personal, connected and useful is woven into Nielsen's DNA. As part of our culture, our promise to you is that at Nielsen, you can: Be yourself, Make a Difference & Grow With Us.