Europe / Netherlands / UT / Amsterdam
#: 105017-en_US / 105017
ABOUT THIS JOB
Gracenote Global Video Data is the definitive collection of worldwide TV, movie, and on-demand data. Top cable, satellite, OTT, and service providers around the world rely on Gracenote to power TV schedules, turbo charge video search, and discovery, and empower audiences to find and enjoy their favorite shows. With deep data describing movies and TV shows, including episode and series descriptions, genres, moods, and cast details, as well as live sports events, music, and more, Gracenote powers next-generation user interfaces and discovery engines. From TV listings to touchdowns, Gracenote is the first and only provider of descriptive data for Movies, TV, Sports, and Music, as well as stunning imagery on a global scale.
We are looking for a Schedule Editor for the Norway market specifically with Norwegian language skills.Responsible for the efficient processing and curation of television schedules specifically relating to sports content. It requires diligent workflow management to accurately process and update electronic programming guides (EPG) as they become available by different content providers. Schedule Editors are also responsible for maintaining, updating, and improving the Gracenote database that powers the consumer product and ultimately the end-user experience. Schedule Editors assist and report directly to Ingest Metadata Production Team Leaders, who manage all market-specific daily operations.The ideal candidate will be able to accurately process a high volume of entertainment metadata in a timely fashion. They will be able to manipulate this data, to normalize and enhance it for evergreen use in the Gracenote database.
- Acquire, normalize and enhance entertainment metadata (television electronic programming guides) from various content providers.
- Processing and manipulation of data required to ingest correctly into in-house software tools.
- High attention to detail is required to ensure that high-quality, accurate and timely, evergreen content is created in the Gracenote database.
- Investigate, query, and confirm questionable programming content when applicable.
- Run quality and assurance checks via systematic reports looking at the live database.
- Analyze and recommend process improvements.
- Contribute to team and department projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient knowledge of Norwegian language (B2 and above)
- Keen interest and broad sports knowledge are a real benefit for this position.
- Experience using computer software and databases, very good keyboarding skills.
- Data entry experience using content management systems beneficial.
- Experience with, or desire to work within a team, excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadline.
- Good knowledge of television, movies and VOD programming is a plus, especially in the market language.
- We are flexible for part timers (Min. 20hrs/ week)
- We are open to applicants from anywhere in the Netherlands.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The powerful combination of Nielsen and Gracenote brings together world-class entertainment metadata that helps millions of people find, discover and tune-in to entertainment they love with Nielsen’s audience measurement expertise about what people are actually watching, listening to and buying.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.
Job Location : Amsterdam