Europe / Switzerland / / Lugano
Technology & Engineering
#: 101946-en_US / 101946
Si prega di notare quanto segue:
Questo ruolo si trova a Lugano, Svizzera e come tale richiede la presenza nelle vicinanze di Lugano
Saranno prese in considerazione solo le domande ricevute come da richiesta in inglese
Please note this role is located in Lugano, Switzerland why it require role holder to be resident in Lugano and/or live within commutable distance, able to attend the Lugano office 2-3 times/week.
Come and become part of the world of Media of tomorrow:
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, and have of media preferences. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all, and across a large range of products and solutions, from Metadata solutions like Gracenote, through to our specialist Nielsen Sports teams and our multitude of other products and solutions We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless.
More about us: www.nielsen.com
Summary of role:
This is a role which sit at a very critical point within the Nielsen Total Audience Measurement and Cross Media solutions, where we construct the solutions driving our deep wider media landscape data collection, reporting and analysis. This team operate globally supporting Nielsen entities across the world, and consist of highly skilled and experienced team of subject matter experts, some of whom been doing their job for a long time, meaning substantial maturity/experiences.
Taking a hands-on approach to coordinating, supporting and working directly with multiple teams in multiple regions starting from the project’s planning and execution until post-launch support and covering development, testing and user acceptance.
The iMedia application development team of Nielsen which has teams operating in Lugano, Poland, Malaysia, India and Australia is where we develop the applications driving the solutions we apply across 30+ countries for our Total Audience Measurement solutions, – meaning where we measure and report on the TV/radio and media streaming viewing/listening prefences of entire populations.
In this hugely diverse operations we execute on the specific needs the country teams have, whether being small fixes, requiring 3-10- days work through to larger legacy application updates or developing whole new applications able to meet demands strecthing over many months.
The software developers we have in these teams are not just people who can write code, – but developers able to solve challenging problems, – find solutions to complex issues, – many of which pioneering, – all new and never done before.
We need for this role not just developers who are good at what they do, – but those who relish at the opportunity to work on hugely diverse applications, in co-operation with colleagues across the globe.
You will in this role find that no two days are the same, – every day bringing with it new and different challenges.
Our tech stack is under constant development, – why this role also require a certain level of ability to adapt, – learn new skills and to grow as our product and solution offerings evolve.
- Consulting with stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects.
- Collaborating with the team on application design and development.
- Developing software and overseeing the deployment of applications across platforms.
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures.
- Creating end-user application feedback channels.
- Optimizing software by performing maintenance, updates, and upgrades.
- Documenting processes and maintaining software development records.
The ideal profile for this role will posess these elements:
Scale of knowledge/skills/abilities 1-10, – (10 being highest)
- C++ standard & deep maintance (memory/ performance) level of experience required: 9
- Fluency in spoken and written English and of advantage if able to speak and write Italian level of experience required: 9
- STL , level of experience required: 9
- C++ 11, level of experience required: 8
- .NET + C# level of experience required: 8
- MFC level of experience required: 7
- Algorithm level of experience required: 7
- Windows level of experience required: 6
- Web Development level of experience required: 5
- Design level of experience required: 5
- Win 32 level of experience required: 5
- DB level of experience required: 4
- WPF level of experience required: 3
- Linux level of experience required: 2
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design for performance, scalability and high availability.Test-Driven Development and testing frameworks
Things that are considered a plus:
Scrum Agile development experience (RAD, XP, LEAN, FDD, KANBAN) and TDD.
Experience with Amazon AWS cloud and DevOps tools (Ansible, Terraform are considered an asset).
What can we offer you as a Nielsen employee
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a varied and demanding area of responsibility as well as an open corporate culture with numerous development opportunities. Above all, our employees appreciate the ability to work independently in a motivated and very friendly team. Social responsibility, open communication and living our values can be found not only on our homepage, but also in everyday work.
Application, additional information or questions
Please apply through submittal of an application letter and CV in English using the link in this job advertisement. If you have any further questions, please contact the recruiter responsible for this role. Mr Madsen email: Jacob.email@example.com
Please note that we are unable to offer any kind of visa or work-permit sponsorship/assistance for this role.