Europe / United Kingdom / / London
Client Service & Sales
#: 90629-en_US / 90629
Senior Business Development Manager, London, competitive salary +commission , great benefits and flexible working
- Are you a BD professional in the Adtech space who can drive and generate sales ?
- Can you build and develop commercial client relationships and sell complex data solutions ?
- Do you want to join a global leader in digital marketing campaigns and provide solutions to help our clients improve performance & measurement ?
Then look no further…
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
The Senior Business Development Manager will have a broad remit manage internal relationships within Media ,Regional Leadership, HR , Finance and Senior stakeholders and also externally with clients within the Media industry.
You’ll be responsible for generating new business and liaise directly a broad range of media organisations including Advertisers, Agencies, Portals, Publishers & New verticals and will have the ability to understand and respond to their varying needs/challenges.
What can I expect?
- To generate new opportunity across advertisers and agencies to sell the Nielsen Media portfolio of products. The services focus on providing syndicated and custom services to clients.
- To develop and maintain a healthy business pipeline and convert into longer term clients of Nielsen.
- To scope out and drive new business territories as defined by your manager.
- To employ a consultative sales approach to understanding and creatively answer clients key business questions.
- To attain and exceed sales target provided. These will be for new business opportunities.
- To update Salesforce & Pipeline Maintain contact regularly with client at mid-senior level, sales pipeline and new business development pipeline. This will be used for forecasting by the management team.
- To add value to the client’s business by providing insight that represents all Nielsen’s capabilities, with the aim of increasing revenue opportunities from new clients.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING ?
- Main point of senior contact for driving new business development on your patch of target clients. Accountable for identifying business opportunities and building out scope of the solutions from Nielsen
- Manage expectations of the day to day with regard to solution scope and delivery of results within workable timeframes
- Formally presenting and articulating Nielsen’s complex product portfolio and linking this to Client’s needs
- Participating in the development and implementation of client plans that fully supports the clients objectives
- Executes against objectives to deliver solution oriented services that reflect both client needs and maximise Nielsen opportunities
- Supports sharing of knowledge and demonstrate best practices
- Develops deep industry knowledge relating to clients businesses, understands strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats faced by key market players
- Is able to challenge and spot new sales opportunities
- Challenges internal ‘status quo’ and drives innovation on both solutions and internal processes
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with Senior client contacts
- Manages good working relationships with specialists in all Nielsen internal departments
- Identifies efficiencies amongst departments and drives engagement
Other responsibilities include :
- Accurate forecasting through SalesForce and Pipeline tools is a requirement on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Manages workload independently and effectively, prioritising client commitments alongside internal commitments
- Ability to identify and solve issues, both for the client and internally
- Manage client and internal projects successfully from start to finish
- Ability to handle difficult conversations, and escalate as appropriate
- As Nielsen and solutions evolve, the scope of the role may change you will needs to be flexible and adapt to an ever changing business environment.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR ?
- An understanding and opinion of the Media industry and how it operates
- Developing an ability to articulate the Nielsen portfolio
- Good sales, influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret data in a challenging and insightful manner
- Problem solving- and solutions oriented
- Proficient in use of Google/Microsoft Office tools especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Strategic selling and high performance
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent time management, verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills, and ability to work independently
- Excellent revenue forecasting skills
- Strong Business English knowledge, both verbal and written
BENEFITS & PERKS
In return for your skills we a competitive salary + commission a generous leave package and other benefits including :
- Flexible working/remote working for the moment until Post-Covid
- Fidelity Pension
- AXA Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 25 days holidays pa with option to purchase an additional 10 extra days
- Gym membership discounts
- Family friendly policies: Childcare vouchers /Maternity/Paternity/Adoption/Parental leave
- Season ticket loans/Car benefits/ £1000 Cycle to Work scheme
- £1000 refer a friend scheme
- Unum Lifeworks – private & confidential helpline
- Discounts and savings on shopping and much more…
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.We can offer first class training support and development opportunities to help you gain invaluable experience
* Please apply only if you are eligible to work in the UK..
If this sounds good…click apply!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.