Europe / Germany / / Hamburg
Client Service & Sales
#: 105504-en_US / 105504
ABOUT THIS JOB
When you see an ad on TV, a sponsored post in your social media newsfeed, a billboard from the highway, or price discount on the shelf, do you ever wonder how the advertiser decided to place those ads, and whether they actually work to drive purchases? If you work at Nielsen, you can help advertisers understand the answers to these very important questions and inform their strategies going forward. Globally the industry spends ~$600B on advertising and you can become part of the team on mission to measure & improve the efficiency of every single dollar of that spend translating into $60B+ in value. The consumers’ world is changing at an unprecedented speed where media and commerce are colliding. At Nielsen, we are focused on providing our clients with usable, practical and meaningful tools that help them make strategic business decisions every day.
Please note this role has as ideal location Hamburg, – but can be based anywhere in Germany
Nielsen operate a global policy of remote/virtual working, – as long as able to attend team meetings once per month in Hamburg.
This role will post pandemic require ability to attend client meetings in the DACH region on average 2 per month.
As a Senior Client Consultant within Nielsen’s Marketing Effectiveness practice (Marketing Mix Modeling) you will work with advertisers to help assess how well their marketing activities are working to drive sales and how they should most effectively use their budget in the future. As Nielsen becomes an independent media company there is greater focus on driving stand alone value for our clients and upskilling our teams on all of our solutions. You will serve as a commercial and analytical expert and point of contact for some of our largest Consumer Packaged Goods clients to deepen our relationships and expand our partnerships. You will closely work together in a matrix organization with Customer Success and Modeling & Analytics experts across the DACH region as well as Europe and take part & lead execution against local/regional client programs. Ultimately you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding revenue goals for your clients by renewing, upselling and expanding our marketing effectiveness book of business at each of our clients and ensuring the development and success of the matrixed team you are part of.
● Responsible for establishing strong client relationships to drive client retention as well as business expansion in Germany (and DACH region)
● Penetrate and establish enduring client relationships with senior decision makers at clients by demonstrating on-going value by driving client outcomes
● Ensure pro-active insights and action oriented solutions are delivered to the team by being an expert with an ability to explain methodology behind key analytics to clients
● Partner with clients to provide the best marketing plan based on the results of analysis and optimizations
● Develop decks to report results & provide advice, and present to client
● Provide subject matter expertise to both the client and internal team
● Mentor junior associates in best practices, client communication, and project execution
● Design analytic studies that meet advertisers’ research objectives
● Develop recommendations based on the insights derived from the analysis
● Collaborate with other Nielsen teams to provide holistic support to clients
● Design, execute and present analytic studies to meet clients’ research objectives on the fast moving digital landscape
● Deliver insights and recommendations on industry leading Marketing Mix and Lift analytics
● Closely collaborate with other Nielsen teams to provide holistic support to clients
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
As part of Nielsen’s Marketing Effectiveness practice, you will work with advertisers to help assess how well their marketing activities are working to drive sales and how they should most effectively use their budget in the future. You’ll be an important partner to well-known consumer focused companies spanning across several industries including consumer packaged goods, retailers, technology, financial services, and telecom. You’ll use advanced statistical models and the most robust data available to tease out the impact of marketing activities and simulate the impact of future budget changes, to help advertisers decide how much to spend on marketing, and in what ways, to maximize the impact of their spend.
● Bachelor degree required, advanced degree preferred
● 7+ years of marketing research or analytics experience in FMCG/Finance/Technology/Automotive
● Experience with analysing on-line advertising is an advantage
● Enjoy being hands-on with data and analysis
● Consultative story-telling ability to turn data into insights
● Enthusiasm for applying statistical analysis to address business issues
● Comfortable working with large data sets
● Well-organized and detail-oriented, capable of handling several projects at a time while meeting deadlines
● Strong communication and presentation skills
● Willingness to post pandemic travel across DACH client and office locations, on average 2 trips per month.
● Fluent English and German
● Experience with Nielsen or IRI data is a plus
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU AS AN EMPLOYEE OF NIELSEN
In addition to a competitive salary in line with responsibilities consisting of base salary + bonus and company benefits we offer a varied area of responsibility and an open corporate culture with many development opportunities as we expand our DACH footprint. The role offers remote/virtual set up and working in a highly dynamic autonomous environment with highly skilled colleagues. Our employees appreciate the ability to work independently in a motivated and very friendly team. Social responsibility, open communication and living our values are not only on our website but also in our daily work.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless.
Job application, additional information and questions
Please apply by using the “apply” link in this job advertisement, and kindly submit your CV in English.
We have a desire to fill this role as soon as possible, as soon as the right person has been found. For any questions, please contact responsible recruiter Jacob S. Madsen via e-mail Jacob.email@example.com or by phone: +44 77 33 26 48 33