Europe / United Kingdom / / London
Client Service & Sales
#: 79822-en_US / 79822
Senior Client Consultant – 79822
Client Services and Sales – Great Britain London, London
Senior Client Consultant (Expanded Verticals), Customer Success – Performance Measurement
When you see an ad on TV, a sponsored post in your social media newsfeed, a billboard from the motorway, or an online incentive to change provider, do you ever wonder how the advertiser decided to place those ads, and whether they actually work to drive purchases? If you work at Nielsen, you can help advertisers understand the answers to these very important questions and inform their strategies going forward. Globally industry spends ~$600B on advertising and you can become part of the team on mission to measure & improve the efficiency of every single dollar of that spend translating into $60B+ in value.
Nielsen is the largest market research firm in the world, tracking what people watch and buy in over 100 countries. The consumers’ world is changing at an unprecedented speed where media and commerce are colliding. At Nielsen, we are focused on providing our clients with usable, practical and meaningful tools that help them make strategic business decisions every day.
As a consultant working with clients across multiple verticals within Nielsen’s Marketing Effectiveness practice, you will work with a selection of major advertisers to help assess how well their marketing activities are working to drive customer acquisition & retention and how they should most effectively use their budget in the future. You will lead the engagement with central client stakeholders for key Marketing Effectiveness programs, to deepen our relationships and expand our partnerships with this group in the Marketing Effectiveness space. You will coach & support local Customer Success consultants to deliver best in class insights and enhance the team’s ability to become fluent across all industries. As a client lead you will be a trusted advisor to well-known consumer focused companies spanning across several industries including technology, financial services, sports and telecom. Ultimately you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding revenue goals for your clients by renewing, upselling and expanding our Marketing Effectiveness book of business at each of our clients.
- Responsible for establishing strong relationships with key stakeholders to drive client retention as well as business expansion.
- Penetrate and establish enduring client relationships with senior decision makers at clients by demonstrating on-going value through client outcomes.
- Lead or be present at relevant RFP/high value commercial discussions, and exceed revenue targets for your clients by developing account plans to attain financial objectives.
- Deliver proactive insights and action oriented solutions to clients by:
- Diagnosing drivers of a business, translating those drivers to data and implementing them into a marketing mix evaluation.
- Managing scope, expectations and timelines of complex, high stakes projects.
- Partnering with your clients to provide the best marketing plan based on the results of analysis and optimizations.
- Providing subject matter expertise to both the client and internal team.
- Being aware of best practices in methodology, client communication, and project execution.
- Designing analytic studies that meet advertisers’ research objectives with the highest level of rigor and business relevancy.
- Coach & support local Customer Success consultants to deliver best in class insights and enhance the team’s ability to become fluent across all industries.
- Contribute to regional and global Performance Measurement initiatives as voice of your clients.
- Collaborate with other Nielsen Marketing Effectiveness teams to provide holistic support to your clients.
- Deliver insights and recommendations on industry-leading Marketing Mix, Lift and Multi-Touch Attribution analytics.
- Extensive marketing research or analytics experience, including Financial Services, Telco, Retail and/or Consumer Electronics
- Strong, successful track record of meeting or exceeding revenue targets of $1M+
- Ability to negotiate complex deals and ideate client engagement models
- Experience in managing scope, expectations and timelines of complex, high stakes projects
- Capacity to investigate & diagnose drivers of a business and translate these into data for implementation in a marketing mix evaluation
- Consultative story-telling ability to turn data into insights and package for a C-level audience to maximize impact
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, capable of handling several projects at a time while meeting deadlines
- Experience managing teams through direct lines and indirectly through influence, ability to coach & mentor more junior associates
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Fluent English. Spanish, German or Italian a plus
Nielsen strives for an open, inclusive and tolerant working environment, where all employees are encouraged to grow and be themselves. At Nielsen, we focus on systematically integrating inclusion and accountability into the full employee experience through three focus areas: Talent, Culture and Accountability. We have 9 affinity-base communities (Business Resources Groups – BRG's) that grow an inclusive culture, drive business growth and innovation through diversity and inclusion, increase BRG participation at all levels and enable associates to be themselves, by reaching their full potential.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: London,London
Secondary Locations: , , ,