Europe / Netherlands / / Rotterdam
#: 76621-en_US / 76621
Senior Data Scientist – Marketing Effectiveness – 76621
Data Science – Netherlands Rotterdam, South Holland
Passionate about modeling and building machine learning pipelines? Join our team!
What is the role?
You work in a data science team that is responsible for the heart of Nielsen's cross media planning products. Methodologies that you work on include regression and classification models, time series models, nearest neighbour type of algorithms and (convex) optimization. You develop machine learning pipelines that run automatically and monitor their performance.
You comprehend complex problems quickly, are creative in finding solutions and are a critical thinker. You are part of a team that consists of people with similar quantitative backgrounds, and experts from the concerning work field.
Our data science team collaborates cross functionally with product, data engineering, DevOps and other data science teams to develop joined solutions
Being part of Nielsen, you will be able to work with media data collected through Nielsen panels and large anonymized census data sets from RPD providers and digital measurement. In our small team, you have a large influence on what we do and how we work and you have an opportunity for your ideas to be heard.
What will I do?
- Working with product leadership to understand business questions and with other Nielsen teams to understand data assets;
- Developing quantitative models to represent the business issues;
- Applying machine learning algorithms and other quantitative methodologies;
- Developing production level code that can run in a production pipeline, with a high QA standard;
- Instructing more junior project members in their tasks and reviewing their work. Taking the (technical) lead of project teams.
Is this for me?
- Master’s degree in data science or a related field;
- 3-6 years of experience;
- Team player, like to test ideas with colleagues and you like to participate in peer reviews;
- Excellent understanding of modeling and machine learning methodologies (e.g. GBDT models);
- Critical mindset, keen eye for detail;
- Extensive coding experience, knowledgeable of preferably Python and SQL;
- Some experience developing API’s is a plus;
- Experience with computing at scale, for instance using spark and/or docker with kubernetes;
- Residing in The Netherlands or willing to relocate.
Why do I want to work here?
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Rotterdam,South Holland
Secondary Locations: , , ,