Europe / Poland / / Warsaw
Technology & Engineering
#: 86302-en_US / 86302
Senior Systems Developer – 86302
Technology and Engineering – Poland Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship
SENIOR SYSTEMS DEVELOPER – WARSAW, PL
ABOUT THIS JOB
As a Systems Developer you will focus on advanced functions and services that make building modern applications possible.
Combine your solid technological experience with a data-centered approach and help us develop modern applications, that we will be proud of together.
Enjoy collaboration with daring designers and use modern technology to deliver the high quality user experience.
In contrast to a narrow back-end developer role take part in discussions on product design and be ready to write some front-end functionality. Of course, the team will support you in both areas.
Libraries, frameworks, containerization, data abstraction, object relational model, cloud, on premises.
We have different technologies in our scope, and while you won’t be using all of them we do value experience and expertise when making technological decisions. Convince the team, or let the team convince you. Be ready to learn and to teach.
In Nielsen we embrace MicroServices and MicroFrontends architecture, so we can choose the best technology for the task and develop our skills in the most promising directions.
We are working with Python, docker, and kubernetes so experience prior experience will certainly be an advantage. Prior exposure to GraphQL API is also a big plus.
- Code in modern technologies to improve your skills and bring value to the users
- Interact with the team to get knowledge on the business, technologies and solutions
- Understand the user and user research data to build friendly and powerful interfaces
- Test your software to maintain high quality, across different scenarios and devices
- Leverage your and other strengths and competence to build well-rounded teams
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- You are a developer focused on delivering the best user experience and you are keen to leverage modern technologies to achieve this goal. You are interested in developing data heavy applications in an enterprise environment.
- We are open to a different level of experience but being open-minded is a must.
- You will be working within a modern development environment, so for a smooth start you will need prior experience with most of the following:
- Version control software (we are using Git)
- Proficiency in at least one programming language ( we assume Python. Java, and JS experience is a plus)
- Work in Agile scrum teams
- CI/CD solutions
- AWS cloud technologies
- Communication in English
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Warsaw,Masovian Voivodeship
Secondary Locations: , , ,