Europe / Slovenia / / Ljubljana, Koper
Technology & Engineering
#: 80742-en_US / 80742
Software Engineer – Linux / Java / Web
Nielsen is seeking an organized, detail oriented, team player, to join the ITAM Back Office Engineering team in the role of Software Engineer. Nielsen’s Audience Measurement Engineering platforms support the measurement of television viewing in more than 30 countries around the world. Ideal candidates will have exceptional skills in programming, testing, debugging and problem solving as well as effective communication and writing skills.
We see the following skills as ‘must haves’:
- Node.js experience
- Java/J2EE experience on Linux platform
- SQL Programming (PostgreSQL)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Desire to be deeply involved in product supplementation and automation
- Ability to communicate in English (conduct written and spoken daily conversations with English speakers from 30+ countries around the world)
Having these will help you stand out from the crowd:
- Knowledge of AWS and Docker.
- Experience in building RESTful APIs.
- Strong testing and debugging abilities, functional, analytical and technical abilities, ability to find bugs, attention to detail, troubleshooting
- Resourceful, self-starter, and a team-player
- Experience working in an Agile environment (scrum, kanban)
- Development experience with Microsoft Visual C++ and .NET/C# on Windows
- SQL Programming (Microsoft SQL Server)