Europe / Netherlands / / Rotterdam
Technology & Engineering
#: 100542-en_US / 100542
Statistics Software Engineer
We have an exciting new opportunity for a .Net Core Software Engineer with strong mathematical abilities to join our growing dotnet team. Together with our colleagues from other disciplines such as our front end development, data science and client facing teams you will work on our Strategic Media Planning software.
Through consumer research and extensive mathematical modelling, we provide large companies and media agencies all over the world with best in class predictions and media plans.
You will join our team to play a key role in developing and maintaining the best APIs, algorithms, and cloud architecture to support our applications.
The development team is part of Nielsens Planning organization that consists of product specialists, data scientists and data engineers. This core technology group consists of about 100 people from over 20 nationalities, most of us located in Rotterdam. Together, we work closely on a number of challenging projects, all contributing to the development of our products across the globe.
Our team is primarily responsible for developing Commspoint; an online application for strategic media planning. Commspoint enables the user to plan multi-media campaigns (such as TV, online (video), radio, print, outdoor media, etc.). Commspoint is used by many advertisers and media agencies all over the world.
- Work closely together with the colleagues in our international team
- Design and build new Commspoint functionality, with a focus on translating media concepts into calculations, algorithms, optimizations, and other business logic
- Maintain Commspoint and its cloud architecture
- Develop Commspoint DevOps improvements
- Work in close contact with our Web Frontend and Customer Success teams
- Stay up to date on technological developments
- Learn about the media planning domain
- Play an active role in our agile planning process
Essential qualifications and skills
- Master degree in computer science, software engineering, applied mathematics or similar;
- 2+ years of experience in building statistical / calculation oriented software
- 2+ years of experience with ASP.Net core / .Net Core framework
- In-depth working knowledge of software patterns
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing);
- Strong analytical skills with a creative mindset
- Structural, methodical, attention to detail
- An affinity with mathematical modelling and statistics
- A team mentality and not afraid to speak up
- Strong communication skills
Desired qualifications and skills
- Knowledge/experience with AWS
- Knowledge/experience with Kubernetes, Helm, and GitOps
- Experience in developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with CI/CD, Unit, Integration and API testing patterns
- Experience with SOA / micro services
At Nielsen you get the opportunity to work on exciting development projects. We offer a competitive compensation package and ample opportunity for growth and self-development, both in the specialist and personal field.
An atmosphere of openness, mutual respect, time for social contact ánd fun are important aspects to us. In addition, working for Nielsen means flexibility, both in terms of working hours and work location.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!