Effective April 2021
The Nielsen group of companies (“Nielsen,” “we,” or “us”) cares about your privacy and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose data. We comply with all applicable privacy laws, including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. This Privacy Statement covers the collection and use of personal data we obtain in the context of your registration and usage of our Media Outcomes & Planning Software (“Services”).
More information about the Nielsen group of companies, one or more of which may also process personal data about you, can be found here.
You can contact Nielsen, including our Data Protection Officer, with privacy questions in one of the following ways:
- Sending an email to email@example.com
- Writing to us at: Nielsen Privacy, Nielsen Ireland, 14 Riverwalk, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24, D24 XN32.
data we collect
Information you provide. In the context of the provision of our Services to our Customer, We may ask you to provide, or you may choose to provide, information such as your name, email address, company name and geographical location. Such information may be provided to us at various times, including:
- When you register our software or create an account to login to our software;
- Submit a web form; or
- Send us feedback from a pop up window within our software.
Information automatically collected when you use our planning software. In order to ensure the security of our Services and to continuously improve Service quality, we automatically collect data about your usage of our Services, including:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- data about Your browser: certain data are collected through most browsers, such as your device’s media access control (MAC) address, operating system and version, screen resolution and web browser type and version;
- your geographical location;
- the date and time of your registration or account creation; and
- data collected through cookies (as described below in the “Cookies” section).
HOW WE USE THE DATA
We may use the data You provide us:
- To verify if You or our Customer (most likely: your employer) are licensed to use our Services;
- To register our Services or to create an account to login;
- To send You information about our Services; bug fixes, software updates, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies; and/or other administrative information; and
- For our business purposes, such as security, data analysis, audits, quality improvements, contract negotiations, user reports, usage reports and identifying usage trends.
- To comply with applicable law and/or respond to requests and communications from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Applicable law in certain countries requires us to set out in this Privacy Statement the legal basis upon which we rely in order to process personal data.
Consent: We may rely on the consent that you provide us at the point of data collection or disclosure to us to process such data for the purposes outlined herein.
Legitimate interests: We may rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, provided that our interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms. In particular, we may process your personal data in reliance on a legitimate interest in the effective and lawful operation of this Site and our businesses, as well as the effective delivery of information and services to you.
Compliance with legal obligations: We may process your personal data if necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation arising under an applicable law to which we are subject.
We ask that You do not send us any sensitive personal data (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, criminal background, trade union membership or government-issued identification numbers). If we do receive any sensitive personal data about You, we will, where necessary and if possible, try to locate this information in our database and delete it.
When We Share Your Data
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined above, we may disclose your data to:
- Other members of the Nielsen group of companies for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
- Our Customer for purposes such as user reports and usage reports.
- Other third parties as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
COOKIES AND OTHER INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES
DATA SECURITY AND TRANSFERS
Nielsen maintains a global data security organisation that uses reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect your data while under our control. We transfer personal information to countries or regions with data protection laws that differ from those in your country of residence, such as the United States of America, India, or other locations where the Nielsen group of companies has facilities. When we transfer data we ensure we do so in accordance with applicable law. For further details relating to transfers and the safeguards used with respect to transfers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exercising Your Legal Rights
You have choices about how your personal data is handled, and we are committed to providing you with reasonable access to your personal data and the ability to review and limit the use of such data in accordance with applicable law. If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights described below, please contact us.
Your privacy rights include:
- The right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access a copy of the data we hold about you and to correct it where it is inaccurate;
- The right to obtain information about recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed.
- The right to object to processing of personal data held about you, in particular when we process personal data based on the legitimate interest processing ground;
- The right to withdraw consent that you have given us to process personal data (where we process personal data on the basis of consent). A withdrawal of consent is only effective prospectively and will not affect processing that has already occurred;
- The right to request that certain data about you be erased (note that this right is not absolute but applies in certain cases);
- The right to propose other restrictions on the processing of data about you; and
- The right of data portability for data you have provided
If you believe Nielsen has not complied with privacy laws or the terms of this Notice, you may lodge a complaint with Nielsen’s Data Protection Officer using the contact information found at the top of this Notice, or with your country’s Data Protection Authority (current contact information available here).
We will retain your personal data only for those periods necessary to fulfill the various purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
If you have any comments or questions regarding this Privacy Statement please contact us at email@example.com.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time. The “Effective Date” at the top of this page shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on this site. Your use of this site is subject to the terms of the Privacy Statement in effect at the time of your visit.
Updates to This Privacy Statement
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. The company’s approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more information, please visit www.nielsen.com.