Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
Client Service & Sales
#: 109633-en_US / 109633
Account Manager, Sports – 109633
Client Services and Sales – Australia Macquarie Park, New South Wales
ABOUT THE ROLE
Imagine working closely with many of the world’s largest sports rights holders, brands, agencies, broadcasters, and tourism bodies to help them better understand their fans and maximise commercial success.
Nielsen Sports is a trusted adviser and partner in sports and entertainment consumer research, media evaluation, and data-driven consultancy, helping our clients worldwide to plan, optimize and measure the impact of their initiatives against business objectives. With our expansive suite of products and services, Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to provide data-driven insights and intelligence which help drive more effective decision-making for clients.
This role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of sports sponsorship analysis and insight generation. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands in sports, entertainment and tourism. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a portfolio of Nielsen Sports clients as well as retention and commercial growth of those clients.
Both Sydney and Melbourne-based candidates will be considered.
- Enhance and build lasting relationships with key existing and new clients in order to deliver a superior research and evaluation service
- Meet or exceed revenue and client retention targets
- Upsell to existing clients
- Communicate client needs to appropriate team members
- Inter-office management to ensure effective and efficient delivery of client outputs
- Provide superior client service and meet all client needs in a timely and professional manner
- Various administrative tasks, as required
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant area such as Commerce, Marketing or Sports Management
- A working understanding of the sports, media, events, and entertainment landscape
- A minimum of two to three years of experience in project management and client servicing
- The ability to build outstanding client rapport and win client trust
- An understanding of how data and analytics can help companies achieve their goals
- Excellent project, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with adaptability and agility to thrive under pressure within a fast-moving industry and a high-energy team
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and people skills, including an exceptional capacity to identify, develop and maintain effective long term internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrate balance as a self-starter, working autonomously with ownership of tasks; and a team player, collaborating across divisions and markets
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new software
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Global Nielsen Media Client Service & Sales team wants to empower you to help our clients go from insights to action faster. We want to help you perfect the art of data-driven customer service that drives clients’ investment in Nielsen. By using innovative technologies, you can now work on activities that are driving client impact and minimize time spent responding to routine and manual tasks. In other words, we want to increase your strategic capacity and deliver impactful insights to clients.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park,New South Wales