North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 97146-en_US / 97146
Account Manager – 97146
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
Nielsen Sports Account Manager, Leagues
Imagine working closely with many of the world’s largest sports rights holders, brands, agencies and broadcasters worldwide to help them better understand their fans and how they are consuming content across a multitude of devices and screens.
Nielsen Sports is a trusted adviser and partner in sports and entertainment intelligence, helping our clients worldwide to maximize their commercial success. With our expansive suite of products and services, Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to provide insights and intelligence which help drive more effective decision making for clients.
The Account Manager role for Nielsen Sports will be responsible for defining and delivering projects across media evaluation, market research, and social/digital analysis to provide valuable analytics and insights to key clients.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Commercial team to develop relationships with new and existing clients, using your initiative and judgement to adapt your communication and service delivery methods to meet the needs of delight our clients.
- Analyze and prepare reports, using syndicated Nielsen solutions and custom research. These reports include both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Involvement in Account and Operations Planning to advise and influence the commercial strategy to help teams grow existing clients and build the business.
- Assist with creation of and processing of contracts and managing customer database/Salesforce
- Creatively and independently resolve any client issues ensuring our clients continue to receive first class client service. Based on your knowledge and relationship with the client, take proactive measures to identify potential issues before they arise.
- Manage internal processes for project set up and participate in project briefing meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Produce client reports and presentations by providing insight and advising on strategy with a focus on the goal of the end user. Serve as a primary lead in presenting findings to clients via conference calls or in-person for assigned clients and support delivery of others.
- Work collaboratively with internal subject matter experts such as Market Research, Account Services and Analytics.
- Study industry trends and insights to deliver impactful reports to all clients.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Working with the global market leader in sport and sponsorship research.
- To be part of a diverse and talented international team with opportunity for personal and professional development.
- A challenging and varied role with a focus on sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, Market Research, or related field
- 3-4+ years of experience within the sports marketing, media or research industry
- Effective organizational skills providing the ability to identify priorities and meet all deadlines assigned
- Customer-centric work experience with ability to establish and maintain customer relationships
- Intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, problem-solving and attention to detail
- Ability to independently analyze data, draw conclusions and provide recommendations and insights
- Knowledge of an interest in the sports, media and entertainment business and sponsorship landscape.
- Self-starter with excellent initiative and communication skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products, specifically Excel (pivot tables, functions, formulas, charts, graphs) and PowerPoint
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,