North America / United States / IL / Offsite
#: 104944-en_US / 104944
Advertising Effectiveness Analyst/Senior Research Analyst – 104944
Analytics – USA Offsite, Offsite
About the Job
As a Research Analyst on the Resonance team, you will execute custom resonance surveys measuring ad effectiveness on social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Spotify, Tiktok, and LinkedIn). The Research Analyst will be part of a fast-paced team responsible for dealing directly with platform partners and their advertisers on a daily basis to understand an advertiser’s campaign, advise on survey setup, and provide analysis on the campaign’s performance, all while maintaining a high level of quality assurance throughout each step of the process. Additionally, the analyst will have the opportunity to assist in developing and performing deep-dive custom analyses under the guidance of research leads.
- Create detailed research analyses focused on the effectiveness of advertising on social media platforms using established test vs control methodology
- Decide on the correct analytic approach(es) to measure campaigns and evaluate question selection/wording
- Work directly with social media partners and advertisers to interpret results of analytics, often presenting results directly to advertisers and platform partners
- Perform strong quality assurance checks on poll grammar and tone, data collection during survey flight, and finalized reports
- Investigate / raise questions when issues are discovered and proactively work to help find the root cause and resolve them
- Work as part of a team to create research solutions for new product developments on social media platforms
- Design and implement custom surveys and analyze and interpret findings, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 1-2 years experience in Marketing or Media research preferred
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising a plus, ideally of online ad sales ad unit types and online ad buying/selling ecosystem
- Strong Project Management skills a must
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Knowledge of SPSS, VBA, and R scripting language a strong plus
- Very strong quantitative, data tabulation, analytic thinking and data mining skills
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office suite of products (especially Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of relational databases a plus
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to deliver under deadlines
- Effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Close attention to detail
- Eager to learn and develop skills
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, Remote, ,