Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
#: 106181-en_US / 106181
Analyst – Consulting, Sports – 106181
Analytics – Australia Macquarie Park, New South Wales
ABOUT THE ROLE
Imagine working closely with many of the world’s largest sports rights holders, brands, agencies, broadcasters, and tourism bodies to help them better understand their fans and maximize commercial success.
Nielsen Sports is a trusted adviser and partner in sports and entertainment consumer research, media evaluation, and data-driven consultancy, helping our clients worldwide to plan, optimize and measure the impact of their initiatives against business objectives. With our expansive suite of products and services, Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to provide data-driven insights and intelligence which help drive more effective decision-making for clients.
This role is suitable for someone who enjoys using data to analyze trends and develop insights. Candidates with up to 2 years of experience in similar roles with agencies consulting to the sport and entertainment industry are encouraged to apply.
Both Sydney and Melbourne based candidates will be considered.
- End-to-end delivery of client projects (from kick-off through to presentation), covering consumer insights, media evaluation, sponsorship valuations, and economic impact studies
- Your day-to-day work will require you to utilize various Nielsen-owned analysis tools, to interpret data, supplement with additional desk research, collaborate with other experts, and practice consultative storytelling;
- You will be required to monitor and manage processes, both internal and external, work closely with other Nielsen team members, as well as interact with clients.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree, preferably with an analytical or numerical background; Economics, Statistics, or Business, Marketing/Market research
- Strong interest in the business of sports, media, events, and entertainment
- Ability to consolidate, review and refine multiple sources of data and information to extract key insights and learnings for clients and knowledge transfer to team members
- Understanding of numbers and various levels of statistical analysis, with the ability to interpret and present data, both visually and verbally
- Demonstrate analytical mindset, problem-solving skills, and strategic thinking
- Excellent project, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with adaptability and agility to thrive under pressure within a fast-moving industry and a high-energy team
- Demonstrate balance as a self-starter, working autonomously with ownership of tasks; and a team player, collaborating across divisions and markets
- Full proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new software
- Previous project experience on sponsorship valuations and/or major event economic impact analysis is desirable
- Past experience with Q, Arianna or Landsberry & James Fusion and Tableau or Power BI would be looked upon favorably
ABOUT THE TEAM
Nielsen Sports works with the world’s top leagues, teams and brands to deliver the most comprehensive, reliable and meaningful data analysis and insights. The Analytics, Consulting team works directly and collaboratively with the Commercial, Client Service, and Research teams to create the solutions that drive the fast-paced and evolving sports industry. Nielsen Sports supports a fun, flexible and adaptable workplace leveraging the global Smart Work initiative to provide associates with the flexibility they need to play their role in the team.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park,New South Wales