Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
Technology & Engineering
#: 82302-en_US / 82302
Analyst Programmer – 82302
Technology and Engineering – Australia
About the role
Innovation on a global scale is literally world-changing.
Join us and find out what it means to propel our clients toward the latter. Plans and performs analysis, development and supports the television rating data delivery systems, processes and procedure.
- Able to exercise application development expertise in key areas to deliver business optimization by improving or re-engineering application architecture.
- Develop, and maintain, a heightened sense of awareness in terms of business: Process, Process Architecture, Performance Management, Organisational Structure
- Able to analyse the flow of work within specific systems and make recommendations for relevant modifications.
- Liaise and coordinate with other departments during systems studies for applications, and act as a consultant for development.
- Prepares detailed specifications for large and/or complex system development or modification.
- Establish programming schedules, coordinate activities, oversee and carry out programming activities.
- Analyse specifications to determine design and schedules for program development.
- Write large and/or complex programs, in appropriate languages.
- Check, test and debug programs.
- Direct and carry out ad hoc analysis and validation of production systems and data.
- Offer support, inside and outside of business hours, to the ratings data production environment. This will involve participating in an on-call rotational roster.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must possess commercial experience and knowledge in PHP.
- Preferably experience with Python and Django
- Exposure to REST API design and development
- Exposure in AWS services and application development: Athena
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and bash scripting. Systems
- Administration exposure.
- Database queries (SQL), development and database design
- Working knowledge of source control such as Git
- Experience with XML.
- Project Management to the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost.
- Detailed knowledge of established programming procedures and programming languages
About the Team
Nielsen Media would not function without our Technology teams! We are catalysts for delivery quality, on-time, reliable measurements to clients, and we are cultivators, growing our employees through education, skill-building and experiences. Around the globe, our Technology teams are relentless in our pursuit of superior analytics, technology, process and support.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park