India / India / / Mumbai
#: 91362-en_US / 91362
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are presently looking for Assistant Manager to join our team, Lead and manage one or more of the metadata productions teams responsible for the ingestion of data and proofing of content to ensure product deliveries and deadlines are met. This includes establishing effective communication methods within the Content organization and to other groups. This person will be responsible for establishing and maintaining high-performing quality-focused teams with a positive culture. The role will involve management of team workloads, task assignments and people management. Other duties include providing support for key accounts in close partnership with Content Delivery, as necessary. This person will be responsible for ensuring the quality, coverage, and reliability of content ingested tied to the Gracenote database product.
- Manage and distribute workloads for the team or teams assigned. Prioritize team and individual tasks and delegate accordingly to meet deadlines.
- Ensure established SLAs are being met for all relevant aspects of assigned processes; escalate to the leaders if SLAs appear at risk. Work within areas of ambiguity and address for the short-term to create standard work and partner with the manager and lead to establish a long-term solution.
- Analyze escalations and drive corrective actions. Continually strive to improve efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems/process, communicate written analysis of deep-dive results and information to leads and managers.
- Manage client-facing responsibilities which include ad hoc requests and complaints
- Work with other horizontals to provide support ensuring timely response to complicated customer issues and support other functions for administration duties.
- Establish and monitor necessary reports to support and coordinate daily workloads and deliverables. Track, measure, and report quality metrics at different intervals to ascertain the process performance health and identify improvement areas.
- Work with leaders to review the regular performance and provide management input on process optimization. Support the successful implementation of process changes or technical enhancement and participate in process documentation.
- Develop short-term and long-term goals in support of management objectives, monitor progress, and redirect action plans as necessary.
- Proactively identify and implement efficiencies to improve workflows within the team/department.
- Understand the relationship of assigned processes to both upstream and downstream processes to guarantee clean data is delivered eliminating the need for re-work.
- Manage work effectively in a changing, growing environment, support multiple priorities and provide coverage solutions for public holidays and after hours if required.
- Conduct annual and non-scheduled performance appraisals to provide employees with ongoing feedback on performance and manage the yearly associate goal process and end-of-year reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 4-5 years in a people manager role.
- 3-4 years of related experience within the metadata field.
- Excellent command on Google Suite, MS Excel and PPT.
- Strong written and verbal communication English skills.
- Expertise in working with various databases.
- Self-motivated, quick learner and detail-oriented, ability to handle independently multiple high priority activities simultaneously with prioritization in a fast-paced environment
- Ready to work under pressure and extended hours, and readily available whenever required
- Passion for being hands-on with data, analytics, effective research, strong logic, problem-solving, critical thinking skills and firmness in making decisions with deductive reasoning
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders positively
- Open to constructive feedback and readiness to adapt to changes, emphasis on the willingness to learn and discover new areas
- Display leadership skills, excellent in organizing and writing technical/process documentation est work!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Gracenote, a Nielsen Media company, provides entertainment metadata and technology that powers the world’s top cable and satellite providers, consumer electronics, automakers and music services. Metadata drives all product lines — all are based on data connectivity! We provide clients with a comprehensive global database of compositions, writers and publishers – linking compositions to recordings at scale using machine learning. Providing publishers, societies and entertainment services with essential reference data for rights management.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!