Asia Pacific / Singapore / / Singapore /
Client Service & Sales
#: 743999737506866 / 50245143
ABOUT THIS JOB
At Nielsen IQ, our obsession in helping our clients to grow through a comprehensive understanding of consumer behavior leveraging on the ongoing innovation in technology is what motivates us. Our work helps our clients set growth strategies and determines what products or services you ultimately see in the market and how our clients drive their marketing and trade strategies.
The Associate Director (AD) will lead a dynamic team of 4~6 junior and mid-level researchers (comprising of Managers/Senior Managers and Senior Executives / Executive/s) to manage and execute market research studies for our local and global clients within the FMCG and Retail vertical.
He/she should be recognized having an expertise in Quantitative Consumer Insights with strong market research technical skills, well-versed and hands-on experience across all research solutions and statistical modelling techniques including Brand equity/ Health studies, U&A studies, Segmentation, Concept/product tests, Customer Experience and Satisfaction studies.
As an Associate Director within FMCG & Retail, Consumer Insights team, your responsibilities and key expectations will include
- Review and finalized draft designs (i.e. questionnaires, analytic plans, reports, presentations) prepared by team members.
- Translate data to insights, create compelling stories and powerful synthesis of findings to drive high impact business decisions through insightful and actionable recommendations.
- Actively drive issue-based analyses, build effective analytical presentations and consultative storytelling to clients and presenting to the clients including C-suite management in a straight-forward way.
- Provide ideas and thoughtful insights into new ideas and initiatives for clients, showing competency, mastery and consultative influential skill.
- Develop and maintain open-channel communication with top-level clients to create and foster business opportunities.
- Lead and promote strategic conversations and meetings with clients, which result in traceable CI business opportunities
- Further foster strategic clients’ relationship with aim to provide impactful solution to clients’ business issues.
- Drive overall client satisfaction to achieve high Net Promoter Score (NPS) and a high performing team environment.
- Inspiring the team and building good team culture with active engagement in driving team spirit.
- Actively seek opportunities to create team diversity in background, opinion, and mindset.
- Establish an open culture in which team members are challenged but treated with respect and rewarded as appropriate.
- Good team resource management leading to on time delivery & meeting quality expectations.
- Assess, manage and develop talents including setting PPR objective and provide on-going performance feedback.
- Be accountable for the team's financial KPIs (revenue and margin commitment); continuously monitor actual versus budgeted performance and make interventions if needed.
- Drives and grows Nielsen IQ business in revenue and margin (for repeat clients).
- Fluency in financial processes, compliance with Nielsen IQ financial strategy and KPIs.
- Drive company initiatives and reinforce key messages within the team.
- Be current with latest developments in market research and constantly suggest refinements to current processes and approaches.
As an Associate Director and reporting to the FMCG & Retail Vertical Leader in Singapore, you will be the driving force in delivering our best in class analytics and laying the foundations for future business growth. We will arm you with the best in market capabilities as well as access to our full range of data and analytics solutions. Whilst we love surveys, we also have plenty of other data to quench your curiosity and wow your clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences or related fields
- Minimum 8 years of market research experience preferable from agency side handling FMCG or Retail clients..
- Experience managing people/team (minimum 3 years).
- Experience in managing a high volume of complex quantitative research studies under tight budgets and schedules.
- Experience analyzing a broad array of data types (e.g. qualitative research, secondary research, social intelligence) with a focus on quantitative research data.
- Proven track record to positively impact client outcomes and ability to influence clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presenting to C-Suite clients.
- Intellectually curious, critical thinkers and impact driven.
- Can-do attitude, with a reputation for providing clarity and creating positive energy.
- Highly collaborative, open to novel ideas and can build strong relationships with external clients and internal business partners.