Africa and Middle East / United Arab Emirates / / Dubai
Client Service & Sales
#: 108314-en_US / 108314
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking to recruit a self-starter with a keen interest in media and 9+ years of market research experience to lead the International Media Analytics team in Dubai, UAE.
The aim of the team is to understand how individuals interact with Media, Advertising and Content, as well as to see how this affects their behaviours and attitudes through asking and observing. We create compelling stories for our clients with actionable insights and recommendations. We are experts in devising appropriate methodologies and projects to answer our clients’ business questions.
Our projects vary from understanding consumer behaviours, to digging into their customer journeys all the way through to creative positioning. E.g:
- Understanding audiences – who are they, where are they how do they consume media, what is their reaction to advertising
- Understanding content – what are the preferred content genres, styles, or formats; what kind of content is suitable for which device
- Developing marketing strategy – how to communicate to audiences, what to tell them, how to engage them
Today we work with a range of clients across the media landscape. This role will continue to develop our client portfolio & project opportunities across the region.
- Lead on new business development in the MENA region, identifying new opportunities with existing client and ensuring our client base continues to grow.
- Lead the Media Analytics team to determine methodologies to meet the clients needs.
- Develop new syndicated products and models that drive the business forwards into new territory/clients.
- Ensure the flawless execution and delivery of projects through project management of internal resources and third parties/vendors.
- Coach and develop the Media Analytics team to ensure we deliver high quality and strategic execution and reporting.
- Add value to the client or to our international colleagues by providing advice, consultancy and a high level of interpretation and direction.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- To be a self-starter with team leadership experience
- To have a proven talent for developing new business opportunities and growing revenue
- To be commercially savvy and comfortable with starting new conversations with new clients
- A genuine passion and curiosity for market research
- Interest in advertising and media
- To be good at building relationships, internally and externally
- To have strong verbal and written communication skills
- To be able to analyse data
- To perform work accurately and effectively with high attention to detail
- To have the ability to effectively prioritise and balance multiple projects
- To be proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- 9+ years of primary research experience
- Extremely confident in presenting ideas and results
- To be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a business discipline or equivalent business experience
ABOUT THE TEAM
- Nielsen Media is a rapidly growing business in the MENA region, with offices in multiple countries.
- The Media Analytics team includes 5 other people; this role has 2 direct reports although is responsible for the success of the whole team.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!