North America / Canada / ON / Markham
#: 105069-en_US / 105069
Associate Manager – 105069
Analytics – Canada Markham, Ontario
ABOUT THE JOB
When you see an ad on TV, a sponsored post in your social media newsfeed, a billboard from the highway, or a price discount on the shelf, do you ever wonder how the advertiser decided to place those ads, and whether they actually work to drive purchases?
If you work at Nielsen, you can help advertisers understand the answers to these very important questions and inform their strategies going forward. Globally industry spends ~$600B on advertising and you can become part of the team on a mission to measure & improve the efficiency of every single dollar of that spend translating into $60B+ in value. Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward-thinking.
Join the Marketing Effectiveness team and partner with our clients in strategic decision making. Be a consultant, a problem solver and expert voice of Nielsen at our clients.
1. Execution Excellence
- Develop and lead client teams through designing, executing and presenting analytic studies to meet clients’ research objectives on the fast moving marketing landscape
- Develop recommendations based on the insights derived from the analysis
- Develop decks to report results & provide advice, and present to client
- Provide subject matter expertise to both the client and internal team.
2. Client Focus
- Be responsible for establishing strong client relationships to drive client retention as well as business expansion
- Penetrate and establish enduring client relationships with senior decision makers at clients by demonstrating on-going value by driving client outcomes
- Collaborate with other Nielsen teams to provide holistic support to clients
4. Personal Effectiveness
- Demonstrates personal accountability and initiative (pro-active; can do; goes beyond what is required)
- Demonstrates strong communication and inter-personal skills; deals effectively with others even in conflict situations
- Bachelor degree required
- 4+ years of marketing research or analytics experience
- Enjoy being hands-on with data and analysis
- Enthusiasm for applying statistical analysis to address business issues
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, capable of handling several projects at a time while meeting deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience with regression based marketing mix modeling is preferred
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Global Nielsen Media Client Service & Sales team provides modern and effective services that meet client needs quickly while giving Nielsen more control over how we service our clients. We will create the capacity to elevate the work we do with clients to focus on market impact and business growth. We are at the forefront of customer experience and become an agent of change as we embrace automation to navigate the complex needs of our industry and continue to be the industry leader.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Markham,Ontario
Secondary Locations: , , ,