Greater China / Taiwan / / Taipei
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 99564-en_US / 99564
Associate Operational Controller, Finance – 99564
Finance and Corporate Development – Taiwan Taipei, Northern Taiwan
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Associate Operational Controller, you will lead all aspects of local controlling and accounting for Nielsen Media in Taiwan
Coordinate activities between Operational Controlling, Revenue Controlling, and Business Finance. Perform local accounting activities specific to the respective marketYourur proactiveness and commitment can achieve balanced coordination of all core and continuous finance activities between the local environment and the Global and Regional organization.
- Manage local controllership function and lead the local Operational Controlling team; provide financial oversight on the local business
- Ensure adequate performance and reporting on the following by leveraging both onshore and offshore resources:
– US-GAAP accounting/closing, accruals, and account reconciliations
– Financial closing and consolidation
– Procure-to-pay functions (invoice & payment processing, T&E, etc)
– Intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with all relevant global, regional or local policies, procedures and guidelines
- Drive change locally with regard to standardization and simplification initiatives as governed by the Global or Regional COE core teams or by Finance leadership
- Produce monthly closing dashboard, and quarterly and year-end reporting packs in accordance with corporate requirements for the local market
- Act as the main point of contact for all local internal audit and compliance review assignments, including any SOX or distributed audits
- Maintain the local statutory accounts and ensure ongoing compliance to local regulation for the local legal entities
- Manage the statutory and tax accounting and audit processes and act as the single point of contact for external auditors and/or tax and statutory authorities or consultants
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Min 3 Years working experience in Accounts Payable, Operational Controlling
- Knowledge and experience with local statutory requirements and statutory audits (Local GAAP, statutory financial statements, tax calculations, VAT returns)
- IT-PC literate (Google for Work, Microsoft Office)
- Strong communication skills, team player, leadership traits
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our mission as Nielsen Media’s Finance team is to provide best in class financial services to our internal and external customers. As a finance team member, you will assess financial performance and partner cross-functionally to help grow our business. Our dynamic finance organization offers an array of opportunities with exposure to forecasting, budgeting, reporting, controllership, audit, pricing, treasury, tax, and investor relations.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Taipei,Northern Taiwan
Secondary Locations: , , ,