North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Technology & Engineering
#: 92703-en_US / 92703
BI Engineer – 92703
Technology and Engineering – USA Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THIS JOB
Around here we’re all “numbers” people, but it’s the 1s and 0s behind our data that make what we do possible. Software engineers strike a balance between precision and disruption, between reliability and innovation. Nielsen is a tech company backed by nearly a century of forward momentum to power a better media future for all people—and we couldn’t do it without our engineers.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
Common design patterns and industry standards are second nature to you. Developing rich BI dashboards? You’re up for that, too. You’ve honed your tech skills alongside your people skills and can clearly communicate technical concepts in a way that makes sense to anyone. You’re ready to put your experience to work and take ownership of projects on a global scale, without a lot of guidance—after all, you’re fluent in a few programming languages. You have the vision to strategize for the next generation of front-end and back-end services and processing engines that will drive tomorrow. You’re ready for what’s next.
- Write clean, concise, maintainable code and tests
- Actively participate in team code reviews and enforce quality standards
- Drive innovation and automation at every step, from coding to deployment
- Promote and implement best practices in development and operations
- Collaborate with product and other engineering teams
- 2-4 years of hands-on BI software development
- The training to back your work: a master’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or, as we recognize there isn’t one formula for success, equivalent work experience
- Advanced experience in SQL, NoSQL, Data Warehousing, Performance optimization and Dashboard building
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions within either Tableau, PowerBI or Superset and of course expertise in using a wide range of technologies like Git, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker and cloud services like AWS, Azure, GCP to build data pipelines.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,