North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 88811-en_US / 88811
BigData Engineer – 88811
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Principal Engineer: We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join our Digital Content Ratings Crediting team. Ideal candidate would be someone with a passion for Clean Code, Scalable architectures, Test Driven Development and DevOps. Someone who loves getting hands dirty with code and learns everyday.
- Build, maintain and extend DCR Big Data Pipeline processing large datasets pertaining to Digital Content Ratings.
- Drive technical discussions and establish architectural vision for the processing pipelines using industry best practices.
- Work with Product Owners to implement strategic product initiatives in the processing platforms. Propose technology ideas to optimize performance, cost and service quality.
- Lead Agile scrum related rituals and participate in grooming sessions to effectively translate business requirements to Agile stories.
- Drive DevOps and SecOps practices for continuous incremental delivery and maintain business critical production environments.
- Mentor engineers and collaborate with Architects, Managers and Leaders proposing improvements, providing timely status updates on critical projects.
- Conduct code and design reviews, provide effective feedback based on best practices, past experience.
- Drive automation effort in the areas of Cloud resource provisioning, Application testing, deployment and monitoring.
- Partner with other teams to share learnings and code to accelerate development and team growth.
- Extensive programming experience and desire to write review code 70% of the time.
- 7-10 years experience of working with Scala, Java with appreciation for Object Oriented and functional programming paradigms. Familiarity with Python is a plus.
- Hands on experience with Spark, Spark SQL, Hive and Hadoop.
- Experience with building CICD pipelines in GitLab for applications running on AWS EMR & Kubernetes (EKS)
- Deep understanding of AWS services and hands on experience of using Terraform or Cloudformation templates.
- Proven track record of developing large scale enterprise BigData systems using Agile, TDD & DevOps methodologies.
- Experience using monitoring and alert orchestration tools such as DataDog, NewRelic, OpsGenie/PagerDuty (or equivalent) SaaS tools.
- Ability to debug, performance tune large scale BigData applications.
- Proven track record on delivering enterprise software solutions using Agile scrum methodology.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, NY – New York City, IL – Chicago,