Asia Pacific / Singapore / / Singapore
Client Service & Sales
#: 110425-en_US / 110425
Business Development Director SEA – 110425
Client Services and Sales – Singapore
ABOUT THE ROLE
Globally, Nielsen Media empowers media companies and advertisers to plan, activate and measure their content and related audiences in the new media landscape. The role is for Nielsen Sports in Southeast Asia to be based in Singapore. The Sales team at Nielsen is responsible for finding and maintaining client relationships Sound like your kind of thing? Join us!
- Responsible for bringing in new business opportunities and prospect clients. Clients would include rights holders, brands, sports brands, teams & leagues as well as e-sport clients.
- Work closely with the local offices in SEA to identify opportunities, markets included are Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines and Myanmar.
- Undertake sales activities independently
- Provide ideas and thoughtful insights into new ideas and initiatives for clients, showing competency, mastery, and consultative influential skills.
- Develop and maintain open-channel communication with top-level clients to create and foster business opportunities.
- Lead and promote strategic conversations and meetings with clients, which result in traceable business opportunities
- Further foster strategic clients’ relationships with the aim to provide impactful solutions to client’s business issues.
- Be current with the latest developments in market research and constantly suggest refinements to current processes and approaches.
- Liaison with marketing and development of marketing initiatives that will help grow the Nielsen Sports brand awareness.
- Be accountable for the financial KPIs (revenue and margin commitment) with quality, speed of delivery, and productivity targets as assigned
- Contribute to overall team plan by generating revenue and/or cost-savings ideas
- Drives and grows Nielsen Sports business in revenue and margin (for repeat clients).
REQUIREMENT AND SKILLS
- Min of 4 – 5 years of prior working experience from Sports/Media Agency/ Broadcaster/Publishers with a focus on the Sports Industry. Preferably with a strong network.
- Proven track record of managing sales revenue target/business growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including presenting to C-Suite clients.
- Intellectually curious, critical thinker, and impact-driven.
- Can-do attitude, with a reputation for providing clarity and creating positive energy.
- Highly collaborative, open to ideas and can build strong relationships with external clients and internal business partners.
- Experience with SalesForce is merit.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Nielsen Sports is the global leading data-driven sponsorship strategy advisor covering all areas from sports to music, from gaming to movies, from books to esports. We work with clients to measure the return on investment from Sports sponsorship, provide insights on fan demographics and advisory services.#LI-TP2
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Singapore