North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Client Service & Sales
#: 110443-en_US / 110443
Business Development Representative (Remote) – 110443
Client Services and Sales – USA Chicago, Illinois
About the Job
The commercial Strategy team is a cross-functional team focused on revenue-driving initiatives across strategic Nielsen products. The team is both client and internal-facing and focuses on solving our clients most important issues across media buying and measurement. Our team is the strategic fundamental support line that both internal and external stakeholders rely on to ensure that results are delivered in a positive and efficient manner.
The Strategic Business Development Representative acts as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. This role will be to prospect and develop new business opportunities with potential customers. This position will be responsible for setting qualified meetings for a $100M+ business line.
- Pre-qualifying leads from marketing campaigns and meeting an individual qualified meetings quota.
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present Nielsen to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate Nielsen products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Sales team
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calling)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
- Successful work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Familiarity with the adtech industry
This position provides a remote work opportunity in the US.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,