North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 78963-en_US / 78963
Client Communications Manager – 78963
Marketing and Communications – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
At Nielsen we’re about enabling our clients to make meaningful connections with consumers through accurate data they can trust. The Client Communications team is at the forefront of building that trust by working across the organization to craft messaging that is transparent, consistent and timely, ensuring that clients are informed.
- Support specific business areas, understanding their upcoming communication needs and strategizing on the right timing and messaging
- Draft, edit, format and distribute client communications and product notifications
- Participate in discussions regarding strategic decisions or insights and how to communicate them to clients
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (Client Service, Data Science, Product Leadership, etc.) to draft communications
- Be ready to change direction at a moment’s notice to work on urgent communication needs
- Ensure that we are always ready to communicate by managing email lists to ensure they are accurate, working across various platforms
- Manage Nielsen’s email communications and webinar program by monitoring analytics, understand the impact of the data and then recommend new strategies for success.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You love numbers and writing, and you love putting those two together. You also have a natural curiosity that drives you to ask questions and push for results. It’s with this combination that you’re able to understand what’s at the crux of a communication need, put it into client-friendly language and ensure that the message is delivered and resonates. It’s not necessarily the work you do that drives you. It’s being the best at what you do and always finding exciting new ways to grow and improve.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience, preferably in email communications
- Superior writing skills
- Proven track record in facilitating projects across organizational boundaries
- Ability to think strategically/see the big picture
- Interpersonal skills – ability to work with others and “manage up”
- Desire to constantly learn and grow communication knowledge and skill set
- Ability to translate complex, technical topics into simple and transparent messages.
- Ability to execute at high level and under tight deadlines, often working late and sometimes on weekends
- Experience with a CRM and in sending mass emails
- Love of all things Media!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, Remote, MD – Columbia,