North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 78067-en_US / 78067
Corporate Counsel, Securities – 78067
Legal – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen is looking for an experienced securities, corporate governance and corporate transactions attorney to join our Legal team. You will report into our Corporate Secretary. At this time, all Nielsen employees are working remotely. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Advise on securities law and related general corporate law matters.
- Support timely satisfaction of SEC and NYSE compliance and reporting obligations, including proxy statements and reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K.
- Review and provide input on earnings press releases and other public disclosures.
- Manage Section 16 reporting.
- Assist in corporate governance and board matters, including preparation of board materials, minutes and updates to corporate charters and policies.
- Oversee relevant company policies for compliance and risk management, including insider trading, related party transactions, Reg FD
- Prepare for annual stockholder meetings, including meeting planning and logistics
- Assist with corporate secretarial matters, including the preparation of Board and Committee materials, D&O questionnaires and new director onboarding
- Support the Corporate Secretary in preparation, organization and distribution of materials to Board of Directors and its committees, including resolutions and minutes of Board and Committees
- Assist with oversight of subsidiary maintenance for all domestic and foreign subsidiaries
- Participate in M&A, financings and other strategic transactions, and oversee credit facilities compliance
- Stay up-to-date and keep Corporate Secretary advised on external governance trends, SEC issues, general legal issues and best practices and reviewing and updating as necessary the firm’s governance documents, policies and guidelines
- A J.D. from a nationally recognized law school and excellent academic credentials.
- Admission in good standing to a State Bar of any jurisdiction in the United States.
- 3-4 years of relevant job experience
- Public company securities and general corporate work experience gained through work in a major law firm or corporate law department.
- Proactive, energetic, self-assured professional with high personal integrity.
- Good judgment, strong work ethic and an interest in building relationships within the Nielsen organization.
- Ability to identify and address legal issues while coupling legal advice with pragmatic business solutions.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: CT – Wilton, , ,