North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 104862-en_US / 104862
Nielsen’s Global Cybersecurity program partners with the business to safeguard data while driving business outcomes. We use a data-centric security approach and ensure minimal impact to the end user experience. Are you passionate about working with Data? This might be the right role for you!
Nielsen is looking for Cybersecurity Interns to join our 2022 Summer Internship Program. Working in Cybersecurity is critical to Nielsen’s business. This person will be responsible for researching threat groups and also documenting processes to improve Nielsen threat intelligence. Quite an important and fulfilling role, making a significant impact on Nielsen!
What will you do?
- Research threat groups to better create detections, advise on protection, and communicate risk
- Create alerts to detect malicious activity
- Hunt for cyber threats using internal and external tools
- Provide malware reverse engineering and digital forensics
- Provide expert advice on the identification and mitigation of risks to help the business
- Document standard practices and step-by-step procedures to improve Nielsen threat intelligence
- Responsible for the design, build, configuration and maintenance for internal cybersecurity functions
- Discover opportunities and implement automation to drive efficiencies across technologies and processes within cybersecurity engineering, incident response, and threat intelligence
- Collaborate with stakeholders within the cybersecurity team to develop dashboards, reports, alerts, and tools to meet requirements
- Collaborate with technology teams to ensure systems and services are appropriately configured for monitoring, alerting, and reporting
- Report, investigate when appropriate, and recommend corrective actions for cybersecurity incidents
- Troubleshoot escalated cybersecurity endpoint, data, and network problems
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade cybersecurity measures to protect enterprise data, and infrastructure
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, technical area preferred
- Former experience or internship in Threat Intelligence, Incident Response, Penetration Testing, or Red Team is valuable
- Experience working and developing in either python, ruby, or other programming languages is preferred
- A well-rounded academic background with a preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Our Cybersecurity Team:
Nielsen Media is the industry’s most trusted audience measurement solution for video content across all platforms and devices. We have a responsibility to uphold the privacy and security of all our data. A large-scale data breach has the potential to destroy the trust we have with our clients, partners, and panelists. The Nielsen Cybersecurity team proactively safeguards sensitive data against malware and malicious cybercriminals. Our team focuses on the prevention, detection, and response to malicious cyber activity. We are here to work with you to maintain the security of our organization and our continued leadership in the advertising and measurement marketplace.
Our Summer Internship Program:
Nielsen’s Summer Internship Program is a 10-week immersive experience, where you’re treated like a full-time employee, welcomed by Nielsen professionals. Throughout the 10 weeks you can expect an Orientation Program, Educational Sessions, Panel Discussions and a Volunteer Event. You’ll also receive performance feedback from your manager formally twice during the summer, as we consider hiring you full time on our team in 2023!
INTERNSHIPS MAY BE AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
New York, NY; Oldsmar, FL; Chicago, IL; Emeryville, CA; Dallas, TX; Columbia, MD
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!