North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 83712-en_US / 83712
Data Analyst – 83712
Analytics – USA Chicago, Illinois
Data Analyst – Location: Chicago, IL OR Wilton, CT
We are seeking a talented Data Analyst that has a passion for working with data, backed with strong creativity and discipline. As a Data Analyst, you will play a critical role in delivering first-class evaluations and measurement options based on data to support client decision making in a reliable and efficient manner. Investing in proper data analysis at the onset of a project is key for successful delivery overall.
● Partners with external clients, agencies and publishers to acquire input datasets
● Collaborates with Data Lead and Modeling Analytics associates within Marketing Mix project teams
● Collects and analyzes significant amounts of data for quality, accuracy, and fitness of purpose
● Integrates, assembles, summarizes, validates, and disseminates data from numerous disparate systems (flat files, spreadsheets, relational databases, etc.) to present measurement recommendations to client
● Identifies anomalies within the data and helps determine if it is a collection error or an unnoticed trend
● Complies to all Nielsen Analytic Console, Nielsen data security and 3 rd party vendor requirements
● Adheres to project scope, timelines and contracts
● Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field, advanced degree a plus
● 0-3 years of experience in related field with strong analytical aptitude
● Highly effective client management and communication skills
● Advanced proficiency in Excel
● Basic data and regression modeling application knowledge desired
No Visa Sponsorship
About the team
Nielsen Media Plan & Optimize uses cutting edge technology and industry leading data science to tackle some of the hardest problems in marketing science. We empower advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences and investments. Our goal is to provide reaction measurement at unprecedented speed and scale.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: CT – Wilton, , ,