North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 87481-en_US / 87481
Data Analytics – Manager – 87481
Analytics – USA Chicago, Illinois
Data Analytics Manager – Location: Chicago, IL OR Wilton, CT
We are seeking a talented Data Analytics Manager that has a passion for working with data, backed with strong associate mentoring and client-facing skills. As a Data leader, you will play a critical role in delivering first-class evaluations and measurement options based on data to support client decision-making in a reliable and efficient manner. Investing in proper data analysis at the onset of a project is key for successful delivery overall. You will work collaboratively with your Modeling Analytics and Customer Success counterparts, as well as with our client advertisers and their media agencies, to lead the collection and data ingestion for marketing effectiveness analyses.
● Lead a team of data analysts to kick-off, collect and process all pertinent analysis data within specified Marketing Mix Model scope and measurability guidelines
● Manage up to 4-5 direct reports, conducting regular check-ins and performance evaluations
● Work directly with our advertiser clients, their agencies, and direct publishers to collect and analyze significant amounts of data for quality, accuracy, and fitness of purpose
● Build strong partnerships with clients and internal stakeholders, establishing yourself as a trusted advisor
● Integrate, assemble, summarize, validate, and disseminate data from numerous disparate systems to present feasibility and data modeling recommendations to clients within context of their business questions
● Comply with all Best Practices, Rules of Engagement and Data Protocols
● Adhere to project scope, timelines and contracts
● Protect the privacy and security of the data we handle and use, process and share it responsibly through the use of Nielsen Analytics Console and adhere to security protocols
● Comply with any 3rd party vendor regulations and requirements
● Drive process improvement to create efficiencies and minimize project duration and effort
● Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field, Master’s degree preferred
● 4-6+ years marketing research experience with strong analytical aptitude
● Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
● Highly effective client management and communication skills, including polished presentation skills
● Established talent multiplier, enjoys developing and leading others
● Proven problem-solving skills using deductive reasoning, understanding hierarchical relationships and identifying gaps in logic
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and Google applications
● Experience with Marketing Mix Models and dataset inputs
● Nielsen or IRI data familiarity a plus
About the team
Nielsen Media Plan & Optimize uses cutting edge technology and industry leading data science to tackle some of the hardest problems in marketing science. We empower advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences and investments. Our goal is to provide reaction measurement at unprecedented speed and scale.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: CT – Wilton, , ,