North America / United States / MD / Baltimore
Technology & Engineering
#: 78065-en_US / 78065
Data Architect, Operations (Altryx) – 78065
Technology and Engineering – USA Baltimore, Maryland
Nielsen's Media Operations group is searching for a Data Architect. Your central responsibility as the Data Architect will be:
1. To design and build relational databases to store and organize information for US Media Operations that enables scalable and reliable automation, Machine Learning/AI solutions. Data architects may create conceptual and physical strategies for data acquisition, integration and analysis, and they may work closely with Technology, Security and vendor partners to integrate new technologies into an infrastructure that supports required capabilities.
2. Develop, optimize and oversee the US Media Operations’ conceptual and logical data systems. Your duties may include preparing architect reports, monitoring the system, and supervising system migrations.
To succeed in this role, the candidate
- should know how to examine new data system requirements and implement migration models.
- have proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- have exceptional technical knowledge and creativity to develop strategic methods for working with data.
- have interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with Operations, Technology, Data Science and Cybersecurity personnel.
- Develop architectural strategies for data modeling, design and implementation to meet stated requirements for metadata management, operational data stores and data processing (e.g. Alteryx) environments
- Create and test physical data models for a variety of business data, applications, database structures and metadata tables to meet operational goals for performance and efficiency
- Support database & application administrators, US Media Operations designers, Data Science, Security and Technology personnel to create effective, reliable and secure methods for ML/AI, data reuse, data backup and recovery
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating operations functions, applications, and programming.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor and optimize the system performance
- Educate Operations designers through training and individual support.
- Research and properly evaluate sources of information to determine possible limitations in reliability or usability
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining
- Two to three years of data architecture or relevant experience
- Experience with MongoDB, Postres, Hive, Hadoop and other data storage technologies
- Creative problem-solver with strong communication skills
- Understanding of database security
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities
- Experience working with private and sensitive personal information
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed
- Strong computer skills and ability to use necessary databases and software
- Bachelor’s degree in data architecture, information management or relevant field
- Experience with AWS cloud computing, cloud solutions
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Baltimore,Maryland
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,