North America / United States / PA / Pittsburgh
#: 101501-en_US / 101501
Data Engineer – 101501
Data Science – USA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Nielsen is looking for a Data Engineer for the Audience Measurement Custom Analytics team. Custom Analytics is a new team within the larger Audience Measurement Product organization that is tasked with the assessment, solutioning, development and implementation of custom studies for clients. These deliverables typically include requests for data sets and features that are on the longer term roadmap for our core products, but not immediately available for client consumption. This includes custom deduplication of platforms that are not available in our standard product suite, the reporting of advanced audiences, and other similar requests.
What will I do?
- Contribute to the development of solution architectures for all Custom Analytics deliverables.
- Execution of development work within the scrum team and agile ceremonies (Standups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demos, Backlog Grooming, Retrospectives).
- Adhere to design specifications and the build/deployment strategy to drive Agile methodology.
- Assist with the development of end-to-end solutions with sound technical architecture using multiple Big Data sets.
- Understand the Nielsen enterprise architecture within the context of existing platforms, services and strategic direction.
- Exhibit strong aptitude in your product domain (understanding the systems involved, the technical component flow, specific aspects of the methodology, etc.)
- Adhere to release governance practices and any required audit documentation.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
Is this for me?
- 3-5+ years of experience in Java with a mastery of object-oriented design principles
- 3+ years of experience: big data using nosql like mongodb or Spark in developing distributed processing applications; building applications with immutable infrastructure in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloud with automation technologies like Terraform or Ansible or CloudFormation.
- Some experience in and/or knowledge of: Hadoop, Service-oriented architecture, Kubernetes, Docker, Scala, Airflow, SQL, NoSQL,Spark and Git.
- Demonstrated ability to architect pluggable, reusable platform components
- Experience building tools for Big Data ingestion and analytics
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development technology, principles, methods, tools, and practices and industry standards and trends; and current web and database technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering (any), or related (foreign equivalent degree acceptable), plus 3 years of experience in the job offered or 3 years of progressively-responsible post-baccalaureate experience as a professional developer in information technology solutions development, or related.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,