North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 101959-en_US / 101959
Data Engineer – Global Research and Analytic Development – 101959
Data Science – USA Chicago, Illinois
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch, and how this engagement affects their choices from media and brand engagement to purchase. As the world’s largest research organization, Nielsen is powered by talented, creative scientists and researchers. Our Global Research & Analytic Development associates come from diverse disciplines that include business, statistics, economics, engineering, mathematics, operations research and physics. These professionals drive innovation by continually improving complex analyses that deliver valuable insights to our clients.Because measurement is at the core of our business, our products have high visibility and make a direct impact on our clients.
Our Multi-Touch Attribution team in Chicago has an opportunity available for a Data Engineer. The ideal candidate has expertise in modern analytics programming, experience in developing, testing and orchestrating econometric, statistical, machine learning and artificial intelligence modules, work experience in unit, integration and regression testing,and the capacity to work in an agile development environment alongside software engineers. A background that includes marketing, pricing, and advertising measurement is preferred..
What will I do?
- Understand the objective of the econometric models, and supervised and unsupervised learning methods, we deploy.
- Create various data processing systems for analytic research and development purposes.
- Design, write, and test modules for Nielsen analytics platforms using Python, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, PySpark, Spark MLlib and Scala.
- Extract data from platforms using SQL.
- Design, document, and present process flows for analytical systems.
- Partner with our Software Engineering department to build best-of-class cloud-based analytical solutions.
Is this for me?
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- 2+ years of work experience in delivering analytics software solutions for a production platform.
- 2+ years of work experience in gathering data requirements for analytics.
- Expertise in analytics programming languages, such as Python (with Pandas) and R.
- Basic experience in SQL or PySpark.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Well-organized and capable of handling multiple mission-critical projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with household/person-level loyalty card analytics.
- Experience with marketing effectiveness measurement using NielsenIQ or IRI syndicated data.
- Experience with Apache Spark.
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Scala.
- Short-release life-cycle experience (agile processes including scrum).
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,