India / India / GJ / Vadodara /
#: 743999740641050 / REF1420C
ABOUT THIS JOB
DPS is responsible to execute the process of Data Validation and associated project work and ensure clean data for client insights. This includes understanding and representing the respective local market conditions in the operations processes, as well as executing defined country “onshore” work. This entails engaging local and regional partners like Output and Statistical Operations.
· The person will execute, monitor and continuously improve production tasks assigned to the Input Operations function as sample maintenance and data quality checks. Expert on processes and methodologies, playing an active role to improve quality & efficiency.
· The person will execute, monitor and continuously improve production tasks assigned to the Input Operations function as Input Data quality checks and validations. Expert on processes and methodologies, playing an active role to improve data quality & efficiency.
· Understand regular execution process with attention to detail and identify areas of automation and improvement
· Execute process automation using tools like R/Python/Excel Macros and explore possibility of implementing advanced techniques lik Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
· Everyday work revolves around ensuring the high quality of the setup used in the various markets reported by Nielsen as well as analyzing any potential concerns in the data which a client may have. It is an important link in the chain of Nielsen activities and our analysts are often engaged in cross-department cooperation.
· Execute processes of Input Operations and associated project work. Execution work requires understanding of aspects of the universe, sample design, data queries and all related activities throughout the production process, potentially for different countries.
· Execute statistical estimation & provide root cause analysis and solution for client queries
· Execute production tasks in order to guarantee accuracy and trend ability on data in respect of scheduled deadlines and investigate data inquiries / challenges with local teams, and regional / offshore Operations for processes.
· Participate in development and drive standardization and process efficiency for method related process / application.
· Work in partnership with the country’s Onshore Operations team according to execution requirements as defined by the process playbooks for Operations.
· Engage with Statistical Operations, Output and Reference Data to collect information and coordinate tasks to improve data quality and drive for continuous business process improvements.
· Analyze and identify gaps and areas for improvement in statistical operations production environments and drive convergence of processes and tools.
· Provide technical and process expertise to deployment of the Consumer Information Platform (CIP); also assist remote located resources to implement projects in the most effective way.
· Prepare accurate tracking KPI to monitor and to improve quality performances (on time delivery and data accuracy) and maintain project work discipline.
· Operate in a virtual/multi-cultural environment, liaising with stakeholders and colleagues.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
A successful Data Processing specialist delivers timely and with quality instructions of client deliverables, coding and data validation focusing on specific industry / category or set of categories (e.g. Beverages, Food, Health and Beauty Products). S/he is expected to identify, investigate and co-ordinate the resolution of data, process or product related queries and also be the point of contact for commercial queries which also needs to be solved in an efficient and client focused manner
· Bachelor’s Any Graduate, preference given to Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Commerce, BBA – For Band 9
· Master’s degree (Commerce, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field)- For Band 9
· Exposure to R/Python and ML/AI
· Excellent organization skills, aptitude to work in a team and meet deadlines
· A high degree of accuracy, proactivity and attention to detail
· Good analytics skills and aptitude for data and operational processes
· Project management aptitude (critical path, task sequencing, problem solving, etc.)
· Common business language knowledge (English): speaking and writing with fluency
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com