North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 104601-en_US / 104601
Our Data Science team is experimenting, testing, and driving major insights that impact both a global network of clients and our own Nielsen direction. Excited? Come join us!
Nielsen is looking for Data Science Interns to join our 2022 Summer Internship Program. Data Science is core to what Nielsen does, and our projects have high visibility in directly affecting the results of our business and our clients. Joining Data Science means you will: begin with an introduction to learn about our strategies, products and systems, as well as an overview of our data science community and dive head-first and gain hands-on experience creating innovative solutions that make a difference for our customers, clients and employees.
What will you do?
- Partner with the business to develop and deploy new methods that measure audiences across platforms and integrate new data assets into Nielsen’s existing methodologies.
- Utilize and develop innovative statistical modeling (and machine learning / deep learning methodologies where applicable) to enable custom audience analytics based on large volumes of data from various sources
- Work within an Agile, cross-functional scrum team to develop, validate, and optimize methodologies
- Assist in the design and implementation strategies to automate data delivery using the methodologies developed
- Summarize, document, and communicate research findings to audiences of varying levels of technical subject matter expertise
- Exhibit expertise in your product domain (understanding the systems involved, the technical component flow, specific aspects of the methodology, etc.)
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing education in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, Sociology (Quantitative), and other similar disciplines
- Foundational knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python, Spark, Scala, SQL and large-scale databases), databases, data structures, and algorithms
- Open-minded and excited to learn and grow technology skills
- Ridiculous attention to detail and pride in the work you do
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- A well-rounded academic background with a preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Our Data Science Team:
The Data Science team is highly collaborative and you will work directly with product owners, data engineers, UX engineers, and designers to create the best possible product. Data Science is core to what Nielsen does, and projects have high visibility in directly affecting the results of our business and our clients.
Our Summer Internship Program:
Nielsen’s Summer Internship Program is a 10-week immersive experience, where you’re treated like a full-time employee, welcomed by Nielsen professionals. Throughout the 10 weeks you can expect an Orientation Program, Educational Sessions, Panel Discussions and a Volunteer Event. You’ll also receive performance feedback from your manager formally twice during the summer, as we consider hiring you full time on our team in 2023!
When & Where:
The 2022 Summer Internship Program dates are Monday, June 6, 2022 to Friday, August 12, 2022. We are currently planning for a virtual internship but that is subject to change. Otherwise, internships are available in the following locations:
New York, NY; Oldsmar, FL; Chicago, IL; Emeryville, CA; Dallas, TX; Columbia, MD
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!