North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 99422-en_US / 99422
Data Scientist – Marketing Cloud – 99422
Data Science – USA New York, New York
What is the role?
The Marketing Cloud Data Science team focuses on creating and scaling audience segments for digital activation. Using our expertise in big data, predictive modeling, and automation, we produce and manage thousands of machine learning models at scale. This enables marketers to optimize their campaigns by engaging devices, individuals, and households with targeted messaging.
Our audience scaling models contribute directly to revenue and client retention. We work closely with our product and client teams to determine priorities for model production and pipeline feature development. This Data Scientist role will specialize in client interaction, project management, and product analytics. The role will also contribute to methodological discussions and implementation of machine learning techniques.
This is an ideal position for a Data Scientist to apply technical skills to a dynamic and innovative business environment.
What will I do?
- Manage, evaluate, and maintain propensity models at scale
- Manage development of production level code that integrates seamlessly into already productized model building pipeline
- Develop and automate processes for model surveillance and maintenance
- Support the business and client teams by investigating complex analytical challenges
- Present and explain Data Science methods and approaches to internal and external clients
- Engage in and lead discussions on product strategy
- Brainstorm and discuss new machine learning techniques to improve performance of client-facing models in production
- Research and develop new use cases for Nielsen Identity data assets
- Stay up to date on industry changes to digital activation (e.g., new devices and platforms, privacy laws updates, changes in browser/app measurement, etc.) and critically assess how it would impact Nielsen’s business
- Participate in internal and external knowledge exchanges (conferences, workshops, webinars)
Is this for me?
This position requires a detail-oriented person who can problem-solve and work independently on critical initiatives while understanding the big picture.
- Minimum of 2+ years work experience in data science and analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, STEM, or comparable work experience
- Experience leading and managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, ability to explain complex problems to non-technical audiences
- Experience working with relational databases and strong knowledge of SQL
- Proficiency in Python and relevant data science libraries (e.g. numpy, pandas, sci-kit learn)
- Experience analyzing and utilizing large data sets
- Naturally curious, has a passion for solving problems and critical thinking
- Good vibes, integrity, and strong work ethic
- Experience in media or marketing analytics, including lookalike modeling, customer segmentation, or experience in online media and the ad tech ecosystem is advantageous
- Experience with technical product management and feature development
- Experience developing machine learning models and deploying them to production
- Experience working with cloud-based computing and storage solutions, preferably AWS
- Experience working with Bash and Git
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Superset)
- Experience with other tools common to the data science world such as Airflow, Spark, MLlib, MLflow, Tensorflow, and PyTorch
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,