North America / United States / CA / Los Angeles
Client Service & Sales
#: 89541-en_US / 89541
Director, Business Development – 89541
Client Services and Sales – USA Los Angeles, California
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen is looking for a Director or Senior Director, Business Development to join our Automotive Advertiser Account team. This talented team focuses on empowering brands to connect more directly with customers by combining Nielsen’s world-class data, analytics, media planning, marketing activation and measurement capabilities. We help advertisers identify their ideal audiences, reach them efficiently across platforms, and understand the impact on KPIs to elevate ROI.
As part of our team, you will be surrounded by a group of enthusiastic and empowered by risk-takers who seek to build connections between consumers and brands through data. You will be joining a terrific organization that brings to bear the market’s most powerful proprietary data assets. Together we are not only helping the world’s biggest brands make better and faster marketing and media decisions, we are permanently disrupting the media landscape.
As a Director/Senior, Business Development within the Auto Advertiser Account team, you will be responsible for selling our suite of data, technology and analytics solutions directly to Marketers. We are looking for dynamic sellers who are client focused with a strong background in Sales, data driven solutions and an in-depth knowledge of the advertising ecosystem. Bottom line – we are looking for top sellers who can individually build new client relationships and expand existing accounts with measurable revenue achievement against their target. The ideal candidates will also have a demonstrated track record exceeding sales targets by working successfully with brands and advertisers, preferably in the automotive industry.
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred but not required.
- 5 – 10+ years of successful experience in a revenue-focused Business Development or Sales role within the advertising, data solutions, or marketing services industry.
- Demonstrated record of creating account plans, growing sales, and exceeding revenue targets.
- Executive contacts in Marketing roles at F500 companies, preferably with Auto OEMs, large dealer groups, endemic publishers and other auto adjacent industries.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the Automotive industry.
- Strong knowledge of advertising systems and business models.
- Demonstrated ability to create value for clients through problem solving and the application of technology.
- Outgoing confident individual who is comfortable presenting to senior executives.
- Proficient in digital marketing, internet / software industries, understanding of web technologies.
- Rockstar MS Office skills – PowerPoint presentations, Excel analysis, etc.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Los Angeles,California
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time