North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 97421-en_US / 97421
Director, Client Service & Sales – 97421
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
Nielsen is looking for Director, Client Service & Sales to join our National Media team working with one of the largest global media companies! In this role, you will be responsible for sales and servicing of our measurement services, growing new and existing relationships across internal/external stakeholders while demonstrating Nielsen’s value to help the client. You will take ownership of managing the client relationship by supporting existing products that clients have purchased, as well as selling existing products to clients, both syndicated and custom.
- Interface directly with clients in support of new business opportunities, client service and consultative sales programs.
- Identify, prospect and develop new client relationships and generate new sales/product opportunities
- Work closely with internal Nielsen partners, support teams and stakeholders to deliver products, services and drive client satisfaction
- Manage sales process from prospecting, to negotiating and closing contracts
- Communicate and prioritize client requirements, resolving all issues and questions in a proactive and timely manner.
- Identify opportunities and develop proposals that address the client’s core business issues.
- Draft client presentations that tell a story by translating data into key insights.
- Develop solid understanding of each product and solution, and how the data can be used to improve business performance.
- Be a liaison between all the internal partners at Nielsen and external clients.
- Conduct client meetings to build and maintain relationships.
- Attend client and industry-specific meetings.
- Sales administration – maintenance of opportunity pipeline and contract management.
- Support team members in managing other areas of the accounts within your vertical.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years of experience in sales, a background in media (television and/or digital)
- In depth knowledge of Nielsen as a business and its products, services, and offerings
- Understanding of the television/digital industry and direction it’s headed
- Attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills, and ability to meet deadlines and respond to clients timely
- Ability to operate in a fast pace environment, juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and work well with a diverse customer base and various internal teams
- Motivated to drive sales and delight clients
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- An interest in analytics and big data, with an ability to study data sets to derive key insights
- Strong team player – this is a sales role that will adapt with the team over time
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,