North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 89191-en_US / 89191
Director, Communications (Remote OK) – 89191
Marketing and Communications – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
Help lead external and internal communications alignment that support Nielsen’s Audience Measurement business priorities and strategy. In this role, you will work alongside the VP of Communications, collaborating often with the product and growth marketing functions, product management, data science, operations and other functions to lead strategic communications, implement holistic product and business communications plans and help tell Nielsen’s Audience Measurement story in a way that drives reputational excellence. Key priority area will be corporate-wide initiative to measure cross-platform audiences under one coordinated product suite, Nielsen ONE.
Working with the VP of Communications, you will deploy strategic multi-faceted communicative campaigns that increase brand value and position Nielsen products, panels and people as thought leaders. Shift marketplace perceptions and drive adoption and commercial success of Nielsen Audience Measurement products and solutions.
- Serving as a key strategic advisor to Nielsen various executives on communications-related efforts and positioning surrounding our Audience Measurement businesses, you will help prep leadership, align individual business needs against our corporate goals, set strategy and help lead a team to flawlessly execute.
- Create strategic communications plans to announce product enhancements as well as drive Go-To-Market strategies in a way that aligns with Nielsen’s growth mindset and helps drive both revenue and reputational results.
- You are confident, poised and are able to show true grace under fire as you provide crisis and reputational communications support for quickly developing initiatives and issues.
- You are not afraid to lead by doing. Often, this entails working in lockstep with management to prepare them for presentations, speaking opportunities and press interviews.
- Double down on Nielsen’s cross-media narrative and help shape perception of Nielsen ONE. This includes partnering across the organization to plan and activate product launches and communications, including but not limited to, writing communications plans, press releases, media FAQS, talking points, data-driven insights stories, opinion articles, multimedia assets, etc.
- Proactively identify earned speaking opportunities at industry panels and events. Draft session description and work with the business to source potential client and industry speakers.
- You cultivate connections and are able to develop new and maintain existing relationships with business, technology, media and ad-tech reporters. Keep an updated and robust press list with a core list of reporters and podcasts.
- You are embedded in the media landscape and passionate about the shifts in media consumption, able to maintain a pulse in industry conversations, news and positioning when it comes to cross-media and cross-platform.
- You are collaborative and can work across teams to partner with our Industry Partnerships and Events team to provide strategic communications support and help plan panels and speaking engagements, including drafting session descriptions, developing talking points, briefing materials and press outreach/management. Serve as communications support for speaking events.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- 8-10 years of experience in external marketing, communications or media relations.
- 2-4+ years of experience in the media, advertising, martech or ad-tech industry.
- You have a knack for creative writing and can turn insights into action and science speak into relatable words in a truly creative way.
- You know how to look at data and find value, but more, are able to pull that value through to narratives that help with Nielsen’s product, measurement and corporate goals.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- You have a can do and collaborative attitude who’s willing to step in and support other team members at a moment’s notice.
- You are able to drive messaging and create compelling press releases that resonate with the media industry and the reporters who cover this industry.
- You can pick up the phone and work both reactively and proactively with media, establishing relationships or leveraging existing relationships in order to help satiate incoming data-related requests as well as drive Nielsen’s communications and positioning.
- Self-starter who has the ability to work without a net but always knowing that they have a team for support.
- You embody Nielsen’s growth mindset, who’s always willing to learn, serve as a positive influence and motivate others.
- BS/BA in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related fields
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: CA – Los Angeles, IL – Chicago, DC – Washington,